Lithium battery from sportsbike shop

shaunandco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a new battery for my hexhead and was considering one of the shido ones from sports bike shop. Seem very cheap so was wondering if anyone else had taken the plunge.
Thanks

I had a lipo in my 05 he head, not the sportsbike shop one but it would be similar.

Only once had a problem but knowing that it needs “warming” before it gave its best in cold start situations
Big benefit was it weighed 850ish grams against over 4 kilos for the lead acid previous one

I had a lipo in my 05 he head, not the sportsbike shop one but it would be similar.

Only once had a problem but knowing that it needs “warming” before it gave its best in cold start situations
Big benefit was it weighed 850ish grams against over 4 kilos for the lead acid previous one

Thanks for the info but when you say it needs warming when cold- how and what sort of temperature is cold?
Thanks

0c with a bit of wind chill will make it too cold to start without 'warming'

I had one on my 2017 GS. Really good and so, so much lighter. I kept it when I traded in my GS for a new GSA so will probably fit it in the GSA at some point.

Warming is done by turning on the lights and waiting about 30 seconds then try to turn over. It won't. Leave it another 30 seconds with lights on and it should work. once warmed up they are good to go. I suppose they could be 'lagged' to keep the chill off them. If you are a good weather rider then this will not be an issue.

0c with a bit of wind chill will make it too cold to start without 'warming'

I had one on my 2017 GS. Really good and so, so much lighter. I kept it when I traded in my GS for a new GSA so will probably fit it in the GSA at some point.

Warming is done by turning on the lights and waiting about 30 seconds then try to turn over. It won't. Leave it another 30 seconds with lights on and it should work. once warmed up they are good to go. I suppose they could be 'lagged' to keep the chill off them. If you are a good weather rider then this will not be an issue.

This shouldn't be a problem then as the bike lives indoors at work so never sees temperatures that cold overnight. The only downside i suppose would be the need for a new trickle charger but as I've never been overly impressed with the oxford one then that's no great loss!

I haven't had one iota of 'warning up'. It just starts on the button every time. That's in the cold and additionally after standing for weeks - admittedly 'standing for weeks' never happened until Covid!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom