The cause of so much grief

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This tiny little £8 seal.
It's a K100 a gearbox clutch actuation seal and has caused me 2 days of work.
I suppose it's to be expected on a 33 year old bike that's not been used for 10 years and the seal has sat undisturbed all it's life.

Attachments

• iphone Pictures 1458.jpg
    iphone Pictures 1458.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 515
Steptoe ... this weeks invoice for the macro shot input is in the post ... :thumb2

I'm glad he pointed at the seal, how else would we have known where to look. Very considerate.:thumb2

I'm glad he pointed at the seal, how else would we have known where to look. Very considerate.:thumb2

It was done to help 1250 owners, who would worry and start threads about how they think they’d read about the possibility of aquatic marine mammals within clutches, along with advice about avoiding the seaside. This would be followed by some bod saying, he had bookmarked the thread and would keep them peeled. Someone else would chip in that it was worrying and disgraceful and did anyone know of a reliable (but cheap, very cheap or it’s a rip-off) independent who could check his, as he wouldn’t trust a dealership as his mate knows someone who he thinks went to one once and sat on a bike or maybe it was looked at one and some bikers he saw in the car park didn’t talk to him or even nod.

You'd have no idea if the seal was far away or very small without my finger being in the picture.

Fuck .... the washer seal thing would have looked mahoosive ....

It was done to help 1250 owners, who would worry and start threads about how they think they’d read about the possibility of aquatic marine mammals within clutches, along with advice about avoiding the seaside. This would be followed by some bod saying, he had bookmarked the thread and would keep them peeled. Someone else would chip in that it was worrying and disgraceful and did anyone know of a reliable (but cheap, very cheap or it’s a rip-off) independent who could check his, as he wouldn’t trust a dealership as his mate knows someone who he thinks went to one once and sat on a bike or maybe it was looked at one and some bikers he saw in the car park didn’t talk to him or even nod.

Arf..

Back
Top Bottom