R1100s play on disc.

John WAW

Reaction score
Thank you for accepting me to the forum. I am on my third Beemer, the first was an X-Country 650 Rotax single-fabulous bike, the second being a 2007 R1200 GSA. A great bike, apart from the ABS module, disintegrating drive shaft and crown bearing. I forgive all. Great machine. I had a second unexpected opportunity to obtain a 2000 R1100s, and I took it. It does not have ABS, and that is OK. And no service history. 42K miles, looks good and is in good overall condition. Heard a knock from the front end, and on investigation it seems that my fixed right-side front disc has decided to become a floater. I can rock it fore and aft about 1-2mm, that is a guess, btw. Works fine, but I think it should not be this way. I do not, atm, have the BMW allen-keys to undo the disc retaining bolts for a peek. From this forum, it seems that the bolts should have shims/bobbins that insert into the disc bolt-holes, presumably to take-up play...........advice please ? If I need bobbins, where is a good place to locate same ? The left-hand disc is firmly in-place, and is visually identical to the RH disc, btw. Thanks in advance.

John.

Welcome John . Check out Motorworks,Motobins, Sherlock's but be aware of the new duties charges etc. Might be worth doing a price comparison with Duffy's.

I wouldn't buy anything from uk, lashed out on import charge, better of and cheaper from Germany. And if bobbins worn-out more likely carrier too.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom