Ackro exhaust blowing

Leasky don't worry about it and ride the bike,hard ! It is a new exhaust and it needs to heat up so everything inside inluding the steel wool can settle...Mine did the same.It does not hurt anything...If it bothers you just take some mild kitchen ware cleaner that does not scratch and it looks like new...Just don't tell the old lady that you used her stuff on your can and everything will be fine...;)

It's funny how quickly I got a response from the otherwise mute Honda dealer manager about dodgy Goldwing engine paint when I told them I was going to begin social media banter. I followed up the emails with a polite but informative post on Facebook about the 'quality' of customer service when issues arise and boom! Within a couple of hours I had a complaining manager who wasn't happy about the potential bad press.

Make the threat. Tell them what you're about to do unless they deliver a new exhaust and collect the old one. It'll cost them about £40 tops! Then, if they ignore you drop a post on their facebook page naming the sales guy, not a rant, just the facts and send a link to the guy who sold you the bike.

None of these companies want bad press. Use it.

In my experience, these exhausts do leak tiny bits of fluid. Especially if you only do short rides. But they should NOT 'blow'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not contact Akropovic directly to get their take on it ?
They should be able to say if it’s faulty or otherwise. :nenau

Why not contact Akropovic directly to get their take on it ?
They should be able to say if it’s faulty or otherwise. :nenau

Just spoken with Manufacturers agent and I have been assured that this is a fault. They are advising me to pursue this through Vines as they are happy to respond to Vines but cannot respond to me as they do not (legally) have any contract with me - which is fair enough and mirrors my view.

Have just emailed Vines (Dealer Principle and Sales Manager), again stated my position, my intended course of action and asked them to respond.

Well at least it’s now up to Vines to step up and sort you out. They must now know that ultimately they’re not going to lose out....bar a dent to their customer relationship reputation.

Surprise (apparent) change of heart from Vines; received a call from their Business Manager telling me to get the bike booked into my local dealer “so as to allow us to understand the exact issue and resolve it”.

We have exchanged emails that this will all be at no cost to myself.

Bike is booked in for Thursday morning.......

Hope it works out for you mate, just a shame they weren't forthcoming when you initially approached them.

Surprise (apparent) change of heart from Vines; received a call from their Business Manager telling me to get the bike booked into my local dealer “so as to allow us to understand the exact issue and resolve it”.

We have exchanged emails that this will all be at no cost to myself.

Bike is booked in for Thursday morning.......

Did you send them a picture of yourself looking angry? That would be enough to get most folk to comply.

As said above, I'd expect this to settle down after a few heat cycles and quite likely some additional moisture in the wadding or manufacturing/assembly fluids working their way out.

Having not seen it in the flesh it's easy for me to say that I doubt it would have bothered me, but I'll go take a peep at my own now just to check.

Either way that's a really stinking unprofessional initial response from the supplying dealer.

Can you ask them what else is not covered by the warranty, genuine question. I assumed Akra been sold as an official BM item would be covered? The Akra is in the BM configurator for £875.:nenau

As said above, I'd expect this to settle down after a few heat cycles and quite likely some additional moisture in the wadding or manufacturing/assembly fluids working their way out.

Having not seen it in the flesh it's easy for me to say that I doubt it would have bothered me, but I'll go take a peep at my own now just to check.

Either way that's a really stinking unprofessional initial response from the supplying dealer.

A hole is a hole, useless.... Unless is a pussy hole...:augie

Can you ask them what else is not covered by the warranty, genuine question. I assumed Akra been sold as an official BM item would be covered? The Akra is in the BM configurator for £875.:nenau

I am being told by the dealer that the black Akrapovic end can (which they offered me and fitted for me) is not a part which BMW offer - they apparently only offer the silver coloured one. The rub is that I have emails between myself and the dealer clearly discussing the black end can and at no point did anyone from Vines state anything wrong at the time I was buying and adding extras to the bike.

Back
Top Bottom