Ackro exhaust blowing

You need Wings.

Yep…great exhausts. :thumb2

leasky, do you think that you’re beyond rejecting the exhaust completely now considering they’ve already replaced it once already ? I know I’d kinda have major doubts about getting another one fitted.

Yep…great exhausts. :thumb2

leasky, do you think that you’re beyond rejecting the exhaust completely now considering they’ve already replaced it once already ? I know I’d kinda have major doubts about getting another one fitted.

If it was just the back box; yes I would just go back to stock but I had paid to get the full titanium system fitted and I am pretty much committed / buggered now to stick with that.

I have had Akrapovic systems on every one of my bikes and have never had this bother before.

Very disappointing indeed.

I had my full Akra system transfered over from my old bike over to the new (in 2017) bike at the dealer before taking delivery. Due to tinnitus I have just put the unused std can back on my Akra headers. I was surprised, the std can seems no heavier and about 4" shorter than the Akra can. Apart from the noise reduction there seems to be no performance change.

I had my full Akra system transfered over from my old bike over to the new (in 2017) bike at the dealer before taking delivery. Due to tinnitus I have just put the unused std can back on my Akra headers. I was surprised, the std can seems no heavier and about 4" shorter than the Akra can. Apart from the noise reduction there seems to be no performance change.

Yes exactly, only headers make difference, give a little more air fuel so run nicer.

What happened Have you now had second can replaced ?

Waiting now to have the second can replaced.

Vines are trying to blame a “bad batch” of black ceramic back boxes from Ackrapovic (which is hard to believe but may well be the case) and are awaiting a new batch of cans arriving into the UK.

If this third one also blows; I will be at a real loss as to what to do - it’s almost beyond the realms of probability for all 3 to be faulty.

Waiting now to have the second can replaced.

Vines are trying to blame a “bad batch” of black ceramic back boxes from Ackrapovic (which is hard to believe but may well be the case) and are awaiting a new batch of cans arriving into the UK.

If this third one also blows; I will be at a real loss as to what to do - it’s almost beyond the realms of probability for all 3 to be faulty.

Get a Remus 8 mate; I might know someone who is selling one too ;-)

That’s the bike back in with the local dealer again to get yet another back box fitted.

If this third back box also leaks I will truly be at a loss as how to progress / move forward.

Can I ask the congregation here if there is any collective knowledge as to where I would stand if I simply wanted to return the bike and get my money back?

Bike back today with the 3rd rear can fitted.

I will be taking her for an approx 300 mile run on Thursday, so that should show if this back box is leaking too - fingers crossed it’s not as the probability of that happening really is very very slim…..

I have skipped to this page but the first answer seemed to be bang on. :)

Back
Top Bottom