Advice on new screen for 2004 BMW GS

Breham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have the standard screen with Wunderlich extension, but at 6"2 I still get a lot of buffing and noise.

I am tempted with the Puig Touring screen with visor, this will be about 5cm higher. (https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/287017)

My only concern is I notice how much the current screen moves/shakes around when riding over poor roads. My question is do I need a screen stabiliser? If so what make would you recommend for 2004 GS.

Many thanks

Rich

I have always been happy ( over 100k miles ) with the Givi AF330 Airflow but different screens suit different folks.

I also like the Givi, which I felt was well worth the money. I've also used one of these:- https://www.nippynormans.com/screen...creens/high-wide-screen-clear-r1200gs-to-2012 which was quiet at speeds I won't admit to but really needed some extra support like the Givi. For reference I'm 6'6" and could set up both screens so I could see over them. The Givi, with it's adjustable top half, is far more versatile but the NN product, which iirc used to have a recommended minimum rider hieght of 6'2", is worth a thought.

thanks chaps, after looking on line and reviews here and elsewhere the Givi AF330 sounds perfect. Does this need any screen support or ok juts to order? Thanks again guys, this looks so much a better option.

I have a Givi aerflow screen on a 2007 1200GS. I have a touratech screen support fitted and the screen is steady at all speeds.

Sent from my SM-A805F using Tapatalk

I have not had to use any additional support on my own bikes.
I have seen the four retaining screws holding the screen mount to front subframe come loose on a friends bike. ( these are under the black plastic trim inside the cockpit).
Also I have had to weld a fractured front subframe which was allowing the screen to vibrate / wobble. ( tall aftermarket screen)

I have tried a few screens and I was amazed at how good the givi airflow 330 is .

I use the Mra screen extension you can adjust the height and angle to get it right for you ,

The Givi should come with all the required bracketry

It does not require any aftermarket kits afaik

I just had the brackets that came with it

stable at all speeds

AF 330 with winglets fitted (the holes for the bolts are handily marked on the underside of the beak body work) made a huge difference and the best set up I have had on any bike...and I have had a few ....a bit shorter at 6’1” though.

Thanks chaps, finally arrived and as you mentioned comes with 2 brackets. What a difference, may not be the best looking screen, but the reduced effect on turbulence and wind noise is amazing. Best mod so far

I have the standard screen with Wunderlich extension, but at 6"2 I still get a lot of buffing and noise.

I am tempted with the Puig Touring screen with visor, this will be about 5cm higher. (https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/287017)

My only concern is I notice how much the current screen moves/shakes around when riding over poor roads. My question is do I need a screen stabiliser? If so what make would you recommend for 2004 GS.

Many thanks

Rich

If you want turbulence/buffeting - free riding remove the screen altogether, you'll be amazed how smooth and quiet the ride is without the increased wind speed noise and headache inducing buffeting.

I ride a TC GSA, the first thing I did when I got it, and the dozen or so BMW's I've had in the past, is removed the screen as soon as getting home.

Unless you need to do 100mph down the motorway it'll transform your riding experience.

An oasis of calm

TC GSA screen is a headache....add an Xcreen touring and all calm...90mph visor up type stuff....best mod of the lot.

9A0D10FF-5977-4EDF-B3F8-AC54ED1A3FD6.jpg

Better yet, add the Chinese Version. Mine was about £15 and made the world of difference....Mind you, I never Ride my GSA at that Angle.....:D

do you have a link for that please ?

Back
Top Bottom