GS Breakdown

timgib

Reaction score
Hi
Me & the wife decided the other day on our 30 th wedding anniversary to take the bike out for our second ride this year. Twenty five miles in the bikes error message was displayed on the screen & I had no drive even though it said drive to nearest dealership. So in the middle of nowhere flecks of snow occasionally dropping on our heads I contacted BMW Recovery to be rescued, we were in total four & a half hours stuck there. The bike was taken away to the nearest dealership in York & we were taken home.I am still waiting to hear the outcome but my question is has any one else had a similar problem with a R1250 GS Rallye HP? (September 2019 )

Fault in the engine control, was the message on screen

Thanks
Tim

Had the same message on a 3 month old 1250 GS. Only we had it in Austria and the back up was shockingly bad. Got rid of it soon after. On the good side , robsons are a good dealer to use. They’ll get you sorted.

Cheers for the reply Steve, thought my breakdown was bad enough but Austria would have been so much worse!

Just been told the throttle has died & needs replacing so at least it’s not too bad. But still with 3,200 miles on the clock not that good.

Back
Top Bottom