Bike jacket ?

russm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All, looking to buy a new Bike jacket and thought I'd ask for any suggestions.

I best describe myself as an occasional rider and always on tarmac. I need a general all purpose jacket for spring summer autumn riding. Don't need to many gadgets, but something that will withstand reasonable amounts of rain? Whatever that means !
Hope you can help!

BMWs very own Rallye jackets are decent, but having had a Klim Kodiak for about 4 weeks now, it’s the best jacket I’ve ever owned. That’s said, its the most expensive I’ve ever owned so fookin should be :)
Big shout for Rukka too.

You won't go wrong with a Rukka Nivala jacket, but it may well be overkill for what you want.

I have two brand new with tags Richa infinity 2 jackets in Black and fluro with D30 full armour including back protectors in sizes M and 2XL for sale for £170 each and a brand new with tags BMW streetguard size 60 if anyone is interested. Not sure how much to charge for the Streetguard as yet. Open to sensible offers

Go somewhere like a branch of Helmet City - try the cheaper jackets like this for £126 https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/richa-storm-textile-jacket-black/ - if you like it, buy it.

If you want genuine Goretex waterproof membranes then you will need to up your budget to over £300.

The other thing to factor in, is a back protector. I have a collection of 4x level 2 back protectors in 3 different shapes so I am happy to recycle them, hence my last two jackets came without one.

Personally, I prefer to buy mid-price jackets, so the cheaper Rukka ones. Usually end of line stock from FC Moto in Germany or similar, but that avenue is less attractive now. These are more likely to have a "drop liner" rather than a laminated waterproof layer.

I bought an end of line Weise jacket and it is a decent jacket that proved very waterproof. The design isn't as well thought out as the Rukka though, with too much reliance in fiddly Velcro to keep storm flaps over zips. Rukka use those better quality zips that don't need a storm flap. The Weise has been in a cupboard for some time and will only see the light of day when my old commuting jacket gives up.

I have two brand new with tags Richa infinity 2 jackets in Black and fluro with D30 full armour including back protectors in sizes M and 2XL for sale for £170 each and a brand new with tags BMW streetguard size 60 if anyone is interested. Not sure how much to charge for the Streetguard as yet. Open to sensible offers

Which version of the Streetguard and what colour? Seems to have been at least 4 versions.

Honestly one of the best jackets ive bought is the Oxford Mondial Advancedits seen me through sun rain snow its a great jacket and the trousers are as good, ive got Rukka and Klim suites and various jacket and trouser combinations and I prefer this to them all
Rob

Honestly one of the best jackets ive bought is the Oxford Mondial Advancedits seen me through sun rain snow its a great jacket and the trousers are as good, ive got Rukka and Klim suites and various jacket and trouser combinations and I prefer this to them all
Rob

do these suites come with a two or three seat sofa?

After using a made to measure leather BKS two piece suit for many years I still wear the trousers but now with a Dane textile 3 layer Goretex jacket. Great jacket.

tom

Another recommendation for the Oxford Mondial Advanced jacket and trousers combo. A fully vented waterproof laminate jacket with a removable thermal liner for £250. The trousers that match are £200. What’s not to like.

I bought a second hand Alpine Stars jacket off one of the guys in this forum (which is spot on), and I have 2 other jackets I bought secondhand off eBay. There’s some decent gear out there when people decide to upgrade, quit riding or whatever. I’m

Absolute bargain jacket currently in the for sale section......Pro Dane Julso GoreTex ProShell Jacket Size 58 .... now only £450!!!.....

Extract from For Sale Section....
This is a NEW Dane Julso Jacket size 58 in Black as detailed in the links below. These are Gore-Tex ProShell and are as good as if not better than Rukka. Removable Goretex neck gaiter excellent venting for summer use. Detailed spec in the links below...

https://www.dane.eu/en/product/053488

https://daneclothing.uk/products/dan...orcycle-jacket

This cost me £799.00 last year just before lockdown.... its never been used and is still in its plastic wrapper! Asking £500 ono (+P&P £20 Approx) PayPal F&F.

Bennetts Review of the Dane Nimbus is here… (The Julso Jacket has a very similar specification but shorter waist length)…

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...-jacket-review

After reading this thread, I think I will go for Oxford Mondial Advanced jacket and trousers comb. I will be commuting in August and September to Wales attending a course and need something for all weathers. I am a fair weather biker, but the reviews, price point look spot on. Happy to hear any other suggestions. Rich

Back
Top Bottom