Bike jacket ?

BMW boulder jacket. Stylish enough to wear on its own with all the protection. Get a waterproof over that you throw on when the weather looks iffy. You won't go back to Goretex and that shit.

I should have added, this is for 10 weeks riding in August/September and below £450. I am struggling to find better value with protection for jacket and trousers combo.

So two weeks ago my mind was made up I was I am going to get the Oxford Mondial jacket and trousers, but then realised two key points. 1. It is only has an A rated and will I wear it much after my 2 month commute to Cardiff and home in August and September.

I am now leaning towards getting a short wax jacket AA rated (Merlin) and then get some waterproof over trousers and jackets (not so much for waterproof but an extra layer if cold first thing in the morning. If I have thermal base layers as well, if the morning is nippy, but afternoon is hot I just remove a layer.

I am sorry I am a fair weather rider, bit is this the right choice or should I just get the Oxford. My comute wiil be 90 miles each way for 2 months, so being cold will be a bad start to the day.

Welcome any advice, abuse (for being asouthern shandy drinker) recommendations.

Rich

If you could give us a jacket size eg 52,54,56 it would be better,

So two weeks ago my mind was made up I was I am going to get the Oxford Mondial jacket and trousers, but then realised two key points. 1. It is only has an A rated and will I wear it much after my 2 month commute to Cardiff and home in August and September.

I am now leaning towards getting a short wax jacket AA rated (Merlin) and then get some waterproof over trousers and jackets (not so much for waterproof but an extra layer if cold first thing in the morning. If I have thermal base layers as well, if the morning is nippy, but afternoon is hot I just remove a layer.

I am sorry I am a fair weather rider, bit is this the right choice or should I just get the Oxford. My comute wiil be 90 miles each way for 2 months, so being cold will be a bad start to the day.

Welcome any advice, abuse (for being asouthern shandy drinker) recommendations.

Rich

I have a Rukka jacket and trousers as my main kit however I also use an Oxford Mondial jacket. Thin base layers is the way to go for extra warmth IF needed. The Rukka kit is better and I'm sure will last longer but the Oxford has been 100% waterproof to date and with the vents is cooler when hot. I'm a blood biker so ride all weathers and kit being a bit lighter makes a big difference after a lot of hours.
My Rukka trousers have just gone back for a leak to be sorted and I'm getting the Mondial trousers as a 2nd pair. For the price I don't think you will beat the Oxford Mondial laminated setup, £400 for both if you shop around.
Rich

I have this in a 52

RST Pro Series Adventure 3 CE Textile Jacket

worn for a week or so, too big for me, ( i needed a 50 short )

More pics if you want, it has a few marks on it, and some bobbling where the Velcro from my gloves cought it

Make me a reasonable offer

Attachments

• RST Jacket.png
    RST Jacket.png
    59 KB · Views: 109
I been trying on a few jacket today and defiantly leaning towards the Merlin Jacket. it got some extra warmth, I can add an extra layer over the top if needed and I can wear it on my other bikes. This was the swinger for me, I can not see myself on my Harley or MT01 in the adventure jacket. Going to think about it, but i think that will be the way forward.

Back
Top Bottom