BMW Motorrad communication System - Battery pack replacement ?

Flipper_Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon....

Has anyone found a replacement battery pack for the BMW Motorrad communication system version 2 ? Its as below picture, FDK100032 Ni-Mh 1900mAh 3,6v.

I'm told the v2 is no longer available from BMW !?

Alternatively....is the v3 battery the same version does anyone know ?

Thanks in advance - quick search has not thrown anything up in the UK unfortunately.....

Attachments

• IMG_4665.jpeg
    IMG_4665.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 531
Afternoon....

Has anyone found a replacement battery pack for the BMW Motorrad communication system version 2 ? Its as below picture, FDK100032 Ni-Mh 1900mAh 3,6v.

Thanks in advance - quick search has not thrown anything up in the UK unfortunately.....

Oh BMW you are a bunch of c*nts at times...... v2 and v3 battery packs for BMW Motorrad Communication system show in pic...

Soldering iron out then...unless anyone knows if there's a little convertor plug for these two suckers ?

Attachments

• 9CC235D6-0FFA-427C-898D-569FFCA192A8.jpeg
    9CC235D6-0FFA-427C-898D-569FFCA192A8.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 451
Soldered and charging fine...
400c63ddfd50f0fc64c088de91e3142f.jpg

Has anyone cut the shrink wrap off of one of these packs to see what batteries were underneath?

Might be easier/cheaper to replace the batteries.

Tom

Afternoon....

I have found these guys very helpful & knowledgeable, they even made up a pack for my garden shears! - https://www.strikalite.co.uk/

Has anyone cut the shrink wrap off of one of these packs to see what batteries were underneath?

Might be easier/cheaper to replace the batteries.

Tom

This. From the capacity and size, they look as though they might be bog standard AA NiMH cells.

This. From the capacity and size, they look as though they might be bog standard AA NiMH cells.

They are and I did consider that route but I have no way of shrink wrapping the batteries back together, so dismissed it.

Back
Top Bottom