Vance and Hines FP3 Fuel Pack

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My mate has fitted one of these and want to know if he should leave it on auto tune on his phone app.
His bike is a Heritage 1690

Cheers Doc

AFAIK leaving it on Autotune just records what's going on; nothing is changed until you decide to download the recorded data. This could of course be complete bollocks and your friend should RTFM :p

Correct, it's more than just turning on autotune. After filling in most of the grid during autotune then downloading it I was very pleased with the results and haven't touched it since.

Autotune needs to be run several times over many many miles of various different riding styles.

I did 400 miles of autotune and it was no better than the can map!

Total waste of time if you can find a can map that suits.

If he leaves it in autotune it will run like shit until hot.

Thanks. I shall pass the info on.

The beauty of V&H autotune is you do it yourself yet it accomplishes (not quite as good) but close to the same as a professional dyno tune.

The beauty of V&H autotune is you do it yourself yet it accomplishes (not quite as good) but close to the same as a professional dyno tune.

Only if you get the wideband autotune kit, other than that it just stops you from running lean enough to damage the bike.

It’s a crude solution, but it works to a degree.

The narrowband sensors are the weak spot.

I called up their Customer Service and provided them my current set-up - Exhaust, Stage level, air filter in use, etc. They gave me specific instruction how to download it using my phone app and flashed it to my 2019 Heritage Classic.

I am very satisfied with their “concoction “ that I junked the Screaming Eagle tuner that came with my Stage 2 upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a FP3 on my 2015 RK which was basically stock, only CVO slip-ons and catless headers. I'm not saying any of this added any power but it reduced the heat and it just runs smoother especially at low throttle.

Back
Top Bottom