BMW 2021 PaceGuard Adventure & Rallye Pro Suits.

BrokenPaw

Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering getting one of these suits; I have not seen much feedback yet, nor any real reviews. Has anyone here got first hand experience?
I am veering toward the Rallye as I find it easier to make a suit warmer, than it is to make a suit cooler. Sitting behind a GSADV tank and screen, there is not much air flow to go through the vents on a 3 layer laminate, whereas the Rallye material lets the breeze through.
Also, the Rallye is in itself not waterproof, so it cannot have any issue with not being waterproof!
The waterproof part comes from the outer layer - if it gives trouble, just buy another make of over jacket!
Not so sure about the PaceGuard. If it is like the EnduroGuard - hmm

Early doors

Hi,
I am considering getting one of these suits; I have not seen much feedback yet, nor any real reviews. Has anyone here got first hand experience?
I am veering toward the Rallye as I find it easier to make a suit warmer, than it is to make a suit cooler. Sitting behind a GSADV tank and screen, there is not much air flow to go through the vents on a 3 layer laminate, whereas the Rallye material lets the breeze through.
Also, the Rallye is in itself not waterproof, so it cannot have any issue with not being waterproof!
The waterproof part comes from the outer layer - if it gives trouble, just buy another make of over jacket!
Not so sure about the PaceGuard. If it is like the EnduroGuard - hmm

I have just bought one but not used yet. It is definitely much more sturdy than the Rallye. As hint, I got a good deal based on the sales guy saying 'well it is summer'. Make of that what you will. I went for it as i intend on riding in places like Scotland, Wales, Denmark, and Sweden. So I wasn't optimising for hot and dry weather. Lastly, I understand it is indeed a rebranded EnduroGuard. There is a PaceGuard Dry version which is not as sturdy as the Adventure so that may be the middle ground ...

Thanks for the reply KierOB.
I will be interested to hear how you get on with the PaceGuard.
Compared to the Rallye Pro it is really good value, and is indeed better suited for the Northern Latitudes of the UK.
Another few questions; I am finding it difficult to get or even see the matching trousers; now that you have a pair, what is the armour like? Is it still the fairly stiff stuff (compared to D30).
Also, I cannot find out the CE rating! Is it A, AA, or AAA. BMW will not tell. What does the CE label on yours say?
I don't know if t is Covid, but it just seems that the days of going into bike shops and seeing and trying on gear, have faded.

Completely different from your ask, but I bought a Klim marakesh 2 a couple of weekends ago and it’s the best jacket I’ve ever tried. It’s not waterproof but I didn’t buy it for that. If you’re happy to layer up and want flow I’d recommend it.

Hi, not been on here for a long while.
Regarding Paceguard jacket and trousers, I tried on the jacket and trousers today, they had to be ordered in.
They are great, the trousers fit but the jacket was too large - must have lost weight!!
The trousers sit very well when sitting down, answering the question about armour, it is hard but its not intrusive but the test will be when riding.
I am also buying Venturegrip boots, this was a last minute idea while I was there and on the shelf in my size.

I ordered a system 7 carbon crash helmet, its a bit tight so tried on the next size up and too slack.
My old lid is a Shu C3 standard which is the rolls royce of lids in my opinion.

So the system 7 is tight but I think from experience it will give the more I use it.
I am buying an ali top box with back rest.
Potentially expensive day in Vertu BMW West Boldon! with customer discount a canny saving though.

I will update my opinions of the Paceguard kit when the correct jacket arrives.

Ian

Hi, not been on here for a long while.
Regarding Paceguard jacket and trousers, I tried on the jacket and trousers today, they had to be ordered in.
They are great, the trousers fit but the jacket was too large - must have lost weight!!
The trousers sit very well when sitting down, answering the question about armour, it is hard but its not intrusive but the test will be when riding.
I am also buying Venturegrip boots, this was a last minute idea while I was there and on the shelf in my size.

I ordered a system 7 carbon crash helmet, its a bit tight so tried on the next size up and too slack.
My old lid is a Shu C3 standard which is the rolls royce of lids in my opinion.

So the system 7 is tight but I think from experience it will give the more I use it.
I am buying an ali top box with back rest.
Potentially expensive day in Vertu BMW West Boldon! with customer discount a canny saving though.

I will update my opinions of the Paceguard kit when the correct jacket arrives.

Ian
Did you get the PaceGuard jacket ? Interested in your thoughts and pics !

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ha Ha try again with correct user name!
Rich1150, Paceguard Adventure Jacket is a great well made piece of kit.
very warm - I had a thin jumper under mine and did not need it - fore arms were sweating.
The vents work too! took me a while to remember they were there.
The elbow protection pads were annoying at first but once out riding I did not notice them.
The neck wind protector is the best I have experienced.
I like the subdued grey colour and the blacked out BMW logo's!
I will have to wear my padded Hi Viz during the winter months.
The shaped arms are great keeping my arms in the correct position when riding - also keeps blood flowing to my right hand as it tends to go numb - cruise control is my friend!!

I have not tried the trousers yet so cannot comment.

The Venture grip boots are superb but will take some breaking in, I will need to adjust the gear change lever on my 1200 GSA - added to a long list of jobs.
I also have been wearing BMW 's winter touring gloves when its cold, again highly recommended, plenty warm in winter and so far waterproof.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
Good to hear that you have no negative experiences of the jacket.
Do you find the cut tapered at the waist or square shaped?
I still cannot find the CE Rating of the jacket. On the label of yours what A Rating does it show?

Back
Top Bottom