New Style TPMS Sensor and Right Angle Valve Stem

fredaroony

Reaction score
I recently converted my spoke wheels to the same new style Schrader sensors and right angle valve stems for 50% the price BMW sell them for
You need the following:
Sensor https://www.cdfgroup.de/onlineshop/en/home/453-schrader-3141m-bmw-motorcycle-5054208007526.html
Silver right angle valve stem https://www.cdfgroup.de/onlineshop/en/home/455-schrader-5078m-valvekit-motorcycle-5054208007823.html
Black right angle valve stem https://www.cdfgroup.de/onlineshop/en/home/456-schrader-5082m-valvekit-motorcycle-5054208007861.html

ACtC-3e9y452k-mKJLB5UE0s1SCp5CzTZd7jw6yQ_Wu3qnyNtVOqGfZp-0zhX2KiZehOq0MymEcAUoF4afFIn8cTAkq7qlJwdjl4xhFx0d2isk5t98hqNTkUuSF7J05DHUXfJoJXOomMQ6fWxB4-h3u_59zuzA=w1146-h1528-no

ACtC-3cWInJxaXeK4O4N6Ek3PLIoIB1bCSUZC5XM705nUfh1vAbSHv50GIMJkBoK-6m7gOLaoMI33u3XjBfNzQ4slCvcDsu8cICSHY7StS12Y4fZtPEnV8Nrwm0nwnW5bD1lUZhnj1BeXLjwnHrubTGfsZKsRQ=w2038-h1530-no

Looks just like what I just ordered from Germany. Any issues with the larger sensor when installing tires?

Looks just like what I just ordered from Germany. Any issues with the larger sensor when installing tires?

It's about half the size as the previous sensor. Haven't fit the tyres yet but not expecting any issues, it's the exact same sensor as OEM

Have you coded then to the bike? If so what did you do it with?

Not yet but I have ISTA+ at home plus many other tools to code them. You don't need any tools at all if you replace one at a time then go for a short ride. The new sensor will be picked up with 2-3klms

Not yet but I have ISTA+ at home plus many other tools to code them. You don't need any tools at all if you replace one at a time then go for a short ride. The new sensor will be picked up with 2-3klms

I didn’t know that! I do know that the controller has capacity for two sets of sensors but I thought that when full they needed deleting before it will accept new ones. But a good shout as there have been many issues reported on here re the cheap Chinese copies so this will be a good alternative. :okay

I didn’t know that! I do know that the controller has capacity for two sets of sensors but I thought that when full they needed deleting before it will accept new ones. But a good shout as there have been many issues reported on here re the cheap Chinese copies so this will be a good alternative. :okay

Not all of the RDC modules can store two sets of sensors by the way. Depends on the age of the bike and software version. Not sure exactly when BMW changed it but my 2016 will only allow one set

You don't need any tools at all if you replace one at a time then go for a short ride. The new sensor will be picked up with 2-3klms

I'm not sure that's correct. It wouldn't know whether it's the front or rear tyre, unless it's the "one at a time" bit that allows that. Happy to be proved wrong if you've done it.

My GS's ECU can only store one pair of bluetooth sensor codes, and they do need to be paired prior to functioning

I'm not sure that's correct. It wouldn't know whether it's the front or rear tyre, unless it's the "one at a time" bit that allows that. Happy to be proved wrong if you've done it.

My GS's ECU can only store one pair of bluetooth sensor codes, and they do need to be paired prior to functioning

It is correct and it is one at a time. They are RF sensors, not bluetooth by the way.

Not all of the RDC modules can store two sets of sensors by the way. Depends on the age of the bike and software version. Not sure exactly when BMW changed it but my 2016 will only allow one set

Every day’s a school day:p. The units should come with s code printed on them so they can be paired manually as well.

Every day’s a school day:p. The units should come with s code printed on them so they can be paired manually as well.

They do have a number on them but it's not the sensor ID. I would have thought they would have too.

I scanned it to get the code so I know they come programmed

Its correct if you do it one at a time. That way it knows if its the front or rear. I just did it on my bike last month. Keep riding till the new one works and then do the other one.

Back
Top Bottom