'14 1200gs vs 1150 gs

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been out on my '14 plate GS today, which to be fair hasn't had a good run out for a while. I've been using my 1150 (116,000 miles) a lot more.
The suspension feels rather bloody hard in comparison to the 1150, even on it's softest setting. Weirdly, and I know it'll sound daft, but it almost feels better on harder settings ..
The 1200 has 31,000 miles on it, but it's now got me questioning it's shocks ...

Has anyone else had experience of both, and can give a comparison ?
Or is there a definitive way of checking if the shocks on the newer bike are ok ?

Many thanks in advance
Spud

I had the (non ESA) rear shock on my 13 GSLC refurbished at 30k miles - Definitely not a hard ride, oil was tired & damping up to max

Always considered my R1150RS had better quality suspension - didn't need refurbing whilst I had it up to 38k miles

I had the (non ESA) rear shock on my 13 GSLC refurbished at 30k miles - Definitely not a hard ride, oil was tired & damping up to max

Always considered my R1150RS had better quality suspension - didn't need refurbing whilst I had it up to 38k miles

Showa and WP on 1150, as opposed to Sachs on the WC

Showa on my 1150.
The 1200LC feels very "harsh" in comparison. You can stand on the pegs on the LC and make the suspension compress by shifting weight up and down etc, but if you hit a pothole or sunken grid, it feels like it's gonna rattle your teeth out.
Can't figure out if I've just "got used" to the suppleness of the 1150 ......

Back
Top Bottom