Settle

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What a lover’s looking town! :thumb2 I just went through it in my truck at 6:45am so still quiet but it looks a really nice place to visit on the bike one day. :thumb2

Settle is lovely but the A65 :barf

I spent a lot of time in the area when I used to go caving/pot holing so know plenty of ways to avoid the main roads which is always useful on a Sunny weekend.

Now that the A65 bypasses the town, it's a great place to visit and is often packed with bikers on nice days. The A65 used to be a great road all the way from Skipton up the M6 but bell ends on bikes trying unsuccessfully to show their biking prowess have ruined it bit by bit over the last 30 years.

I stopped there last week after Gerry’s funeral, after a nice little jaunt through the Dales and heading back over to Preston...

Stopped in Settle today loverly coffee & cake from naked man cafe. As said avoid the A65, fantastic roads over from Littondale, & onto Bowland. Marvelous day for riding today

Ye a nice place. As said ,plenty of great roads around there without going on the main roads. Having said that the a65 is a great road either early morning or evening. I had a ride this evening over the trough of bowland , through barbon over to dent and back down the 65. Nice and quiet.

The A65 was a great ride 15+ years ago on a summers evening with little traffic on the road and virtually no speed enforcement :thumb Nowadays there's nearly always a scamera van lurking and it's a pretty dull ride at legal speeds....

Love it round there.

As a child I use to go for holidays, with a mate, to Giggleswick.

Fantastic holidays

The A65 was a great ride 15+ years ago on a summers evening with little traffic on the road and virtually no speed enforcement :thumb Nowadays there's nearly always a scamera van lurking and it's a pretty dull ride at legal speeds....

I was up that way yesterday with Brut33, there were lots of police cars about and a Scamera van on the A65. We travelled via M6, A59 to Clitheroe, over to Slaidburn, where we found the Riverside cafe shut. I always thought it was open on Mondays :blast

We couldn't go to the Naked man cafe, it was too busy, the chippy on the square was shut so we got fish and chips from the one near to the supermarket......very yummy.

For something different, you could try the Carlisle to Settle rail journey then back again. I haven't tried it yet, probably later in the year, it's one of the UK's most scenic rail routes.

Had a weekend staying in Settle last summer
Settle to Ribblesdale viaduct and on to Hawes some nice riding. Took the goat track to Dent to see where some of you camping types go. How the hell to people get caravans down there?
Nice run out from Settle to the Buttertubs pass and Tan hill Pub. Lovely stuff . Managed the 241 miles home from Settle on a tank of fuel on the 1190 KTm.
Stayed in the Harts Head one night, good value and found a lovely B& B but cant remember the name at the moment

Back
Top Bottom