Garmin Zumo 660 - no power. Troubleshooting advice

Pretty sure my old 1150 still only has analogue wheels :D

XT ordered. Should arrive in time for me to fit it at the weekend :JB

Found what looked like a great deal but was from Germany and when you add the import duty.....

Amazon had it for £408 which is about the same as the Nav VI which have sold/are selling in FS&W here - but it's a new unit including both bike and car mounts.

Will be nice to have things like map updates and WiFi.

Just got to figure out what a 660 is worth and if anyone would even be interested in one now... The mount is probably more useful than the GPS :D

The 660 (now you have found why it wasn’t charging) has a value and the mount, arguably, too. The mounts (as they suit several versions of device) are popular with bods who own more than one bike.

PS Lovin’ the analogue wheels. Is yours the model where both were round? Or one of the rare but much sought after, with the flat in the rear, for the ultimate tractor feel? If so, congrats (as they say) you have a good ‘un ( they say that, too) a real keeper (yup, that as well).

Nowt wrong with 660 or the 550 for that matter, just not cutting edge now, stick it up on the for sale side of the forum, you may be surprised how popular it becomes at the right money of course.

if anyone would even be interested in one now...

I sold mine a couple of years ago on here.
It was damaged from the aforementioned fall, but i working conditions (at least up to Garmin's embarassing specs for that unit).

It sold in a matter of minutes.
You shouldn't have problems getting rid of it :D

You'll truly enjoy the XT. It is a quantum leap from the 600. Both in screen visibility and also processor speed. That means having an actually responsive unit that can properly draw the map as you ride :)

There will be a couple of things changing, mostly how to connect/mount it as a volume on your computer (if you need) but everything has been discussed already here in the forum.

Nowt wrong with 660 or the 550 for that matter, just not cutting edge now, stick it up on the for sale side of the forum, you may be surprised how popular it becomes at the right money of course.

Here’s a sample:

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-europe-maps-boxed-amp-complete?highlight=660

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...mo-660-with-Cradle-and-Sunshade?highlight=660

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-to-suit-nav-4-5-6-and-Zumo-660?highlight=660

Er-minio employed the unusual (and very Italian) tactic of saying how shite the 660 is and then advertising it for sale..... successfully :D He has of course ruined it for others :augie :beerjug:

Cheers Wapping.

So £100ish doesn't sound too far off for the unit, bike mount and car mount

I'd rather it went somewhere where it will get used than sit in a drawer until it's scrap. Still works perfectly well and will suit someone out there.

Think I've still got my BMW Nav 1 somewhere. It was revolutionary at the time. Might even see if it will still power up just for the fun of comparing the experience with the XT when it arrives :D

XT arrived today (a day early). Managed to finally get it to talk to my firewall (it was identifying itself as "rogue" - I like it already :D) and spent hours updating it.

I have to say I was really surprised that it's still on the 2.4Ghz frequency only. Had to connect it to my guest WiFi as it wouldn't see my main 5Ghz SSID.

I'm guessing this has something to do with why it takes sooooooo long to update.

Got it wired to the bike which involved taking the tank off and removing the old loom and replacing it with the new. Not sure I think the new mount and especially the cover are an improvement over the 660 but I'm sure they'll work well enough.

Seems to do lots of clever things which the old one didn't but haven't figured out how to see the actual charge state of the battery in something more meaningful than the coloured segments.

Off to RTFM I suppose

Not sure I think the new mount and especially the cover are an improvement over the 660 but I'm sure they'll work well enough.

The rubber cover is shameful.
The mount is sturdier than what it looks like though.

Back
Top Bottom