Heated Clothing

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, I did a search on here but nothing I found answered my questions.

So firstly, which out of Keis or Gerbing do the best / warmest kit? I’m after a fleece type thing with as much heated areas as possible, trousers and possibly socks / insoles too.

And secondly, do you wear them next to the skin or on top of base layers?
I’ve never had heated kit so know very little about it.

I use ‘Warm n safe’

Tough as old boots, really nicely made and good quality. Excellent wireless controllers and the jacket/gloves combo works a treat. So even in the coldest weather I’m just two thin (cotton and thin merino jumper) layers and my heated jacket.

Never found the need for trousers and soles. If it’s that cold (sub zero) I aint riding!

Nin

Yep. Another vote for "Warm 'n Safe". Excellent kit. Get the wireless controller setup.

If you already have heated grips, you only need a jacket liner OR the heated base layer. I have the jacket liner (and glove liners) but would probably get the heated base layer if I had to buy again.

Get a two way controller, even if you only have one piece of heated gear - you may want to expand your setup at some point.

Copied from elsewhere:

Get a full heated jacket (liner) with heated arms, neck and full torso, not a waistcoat or a jacket with partial panels

Get an easy-to-use heat controller

If the body’s elasticated, aim for a close fit

Wire direct to the battery via a fuse (leads often supplied)

Don’t bother with remote, battery-powered options. Your bike has a battery and charging system: make use of them.

Says it all really.

What’s mine? RapidFire. It came from America originally (when there was nothing close to as good available in the UK) but it’s no longer available, sadly. About the nearest is the excellent ’Warm’n’Safe’ who, if I wanted to buy a replacement, I’d buy without a moment’s hesitation.

Yup, I have the jacket liner, the inner gloves, trouser liner and socks, all four controlled independently of each other, by two dual heat controllers. Do they work? In a word, yes. Right down at -8C all day and lower when the sun went down in Luxembourg and the Vosges in mid-February and late November. I have two dual bike powered wireless heat controllers, which I simply Velcro to the clutch reservoir, one on top of the other.

What else? A long sleeved Merino wool top, then the heated jacket liner from RapidFire / Warm’n’Safe, then my Rukka jacket * and a Buff. That’s it. The RapidFire liner also acts as thicker EDZ ‘thin shell’, also excellent.

* I always take the linings out of my Rukka jackets and trousers. Can’t abide them and have no use for them with the heated liners. If I want to go out on a day when it’s not cold enough to use / take the heated liner, I just layer up and lob the thin shell EDZ in my tank bag as a final reserve. Job done. There again, anything is warm compared with a Casal 125 two-stroke, commuting down the A5 (when it had the third ‘suicide lane’) from London to Daventry, in a jumper and a bin liner..... and to think that bods moan like buggery over a bit of buffeting on their awesome WC steed.

2 ways to wear them ,

long sleeved shirt , then heated jacket , fleece , jacket = this keeps you warm

l/s shirt , fleece, heated jacket , jacket = keeps cold out .

as ever , layers to trap air , and insulate you .

1st heated gear i had was Widder , no controller , worn over fleece ,against jacket , thought , hmm... not impressed , stopped for a fag , a sheet of ice fell off the front of my jacket. Widder was keeping cold out , not heating me.

Widder (USA) used to make an excellent (wired) heat controller. But they no longer exist, sadly.

Keis jacket for me, three heat setting controller, currently comes with the jacket, very warm, can be worn as a fleece jacket off the bike.

Keis V501.
V for vest so sleeveless as quite a few people said having sleeves messed with gloves .
It works brilliantly,worn next to T shirt and then a fleece on top if really cold.
Don’t normally need it hotter than Medium.

Try Motolegends for Warm n safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Spot on! Cheers. :thumb2 Those dual controllers ain’t cheap but a lot better to use.
Gonna have to have a trip down there and try some stuff on. :thumb2

Spot on! Cheers. :thumb2 Those dual controllers ain’t cheap but a lot better to use.
Gonna have to have a trip down there and try some stuff on. :thumb2

Before you go, make sure to find the lowest Warm'n'safe web price you can. Email Motolegends with the details in advance and they will/should price beat by 10%.

Before you go, make sure to find the lowest Warm'n'safe web price you can. Email Motolegends with the details in advance and they will/should price beat by 10%.

Excellent. Thanks.

I have a Keiss and it is very good but fortunately i still have a working remote heat controller and a spare ( bought from this site) Kiess do not do the remote any more so if i were replacing my heated jacket i would go for the Warm n Safe purely on the basis of the remote controller

Another plus here for Warm & Safe.

Udders, you mention wanting a fleece type of top. Apologies if it's been mentioned above already, but for any of the heated gear to be properly effective, it needs to close fitting (hence the W&S base layers becoming so popular - second time around I too would seriously consider them).

A loose fitting fleece type to is always going to be a poor second best compared to close fitting gear, which is so effective it can actually warm you up from being really cold and that's while riding, complete with all the associated wind chill etc.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Warm and safe fanboy here too.

I was in an email exchange with the guy behind warmnsafe.co.uk a few weeks ago. He says he is no longer planning to import the stuff from USA and is just running down his stock. The only other seller of the stuff I can find in the uk is Motolegends. Who sorted me thevnew dual remote controller I was after.

I may have a size large Powerlet heated jacket to sell. Size Large. No controllers at all though. It’s the wife’s and she wants the warm n safe base layer as that’ll fit under her leather jackets as well under textiles.

For info the Powerlet branded stuff is identical to warm and safe gear, in fact I think it’s made by warm and safe but branded and marketed as Powerlet by um Powerlet.

Back
Top Bottom