BMW F800GS Alarm Fob

amk3169

Reaction score
Hi

When I purchased my 2017 F800GS couple of months ago I didn't receive any spare keys or an alarm fob with it. After visiting a BMW dealer I found out that my bike has been retro fitted with a BMW alarm system so I purchased an alarm fob from BMW with a spare key but I also been told that the alarm fob needs to be re-coded to my bike from BMW which means I need to leave my bike there for a day and loose out on my work.

I did try re programming/registering the fob following the alarm fob manual but couldn't get any reaction from the bike.

Is there an alternative to re-code an alarm fob to my bike as I couldn't really find any information regards to it or how can I check if my bike got the alarm system on it or not?

Regards

It should be possible to code using with a Gs911 or Motoscan. However you need the equipment to do this. The Alarm is operated by the same controller as the TPMS so there is a good chance that if you have the pressure sensors you will have the Alarm as well. You can do a visual check as the controller is under the seat just in front of the tail light. If there are two wiring looms going into it then one will be the Alarm.
Still leaves you with the coding issue though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a picture of the controller on a2008 bike. I have circled the position that will have the wiring loom for the alarm.
e04c3f5852aff2d0d659816cd6ac773f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom