Engine required

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pal of mine is looking for an early Twin Cam B engine (99-06) to fit a Softail. Fitted to the Fat Boy as well I believe, this is the balanced engine rather than the A type fitted to the Dyna/Road King.

Any help to point him in the right direction and get him back on the road would be welcome :thumb

I can offer a pearl of wisdom;

Dont buy an engine from Doris - he's probably blown it up at some stage and had to rebuild it.

Happy to help. :beerjug:

I can offer a pearl of wisdom;

Dont buy an engine from Doris - he's probably blown it up at some stage and had to rebuild it.

Happy to help. :beerjug:

How very dare you?! If he’d asked earlier I had this 88B motor sat on my bench.....:D

Attachments

• A2E1C521-8B63-4E25-82C4-AC0752CC41E0.jpeg
    A2E1C521-8B63-4E25-82C4-AC0752CC41E0.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 322
How very dare you?! If he’d asked earlier I had this 88B motor sat on my bench.....:D

Bugger!

Keep your eyes and ear open please, the lads been off the road for 18 months looking for one.

Does he really need a full motor? Lots of engine builder and custom places “up grade” the 88, so generally have top end take off parts to get rid of. Cranks can be refurbished etc.... try ringing some of them and asking?

Try giving Matts machine shop a ring. He might know to something.

Does he really need a full motor? Lots of engine builder and custom places “up grade” the 88, so generally have top end take off parts to get rid of. Cranks can be refurbished etc.... try ringing some of them and asking?

Yep.

His original motor is fubar, cases, crank, jugs, pistons, valve gear.....whole lot.......boom!

That's some bang. How on earth did that happen?

I believe it started with a cam chain tensioner and went from there, but I may be wrong.

It wasn’t a standard motor, it had been fairly heavily modified and well oversize.

Think he’s looking for something a bit more ‘standard’ this time :D

Cam Chain Tensioner Issues are not uncommon on the early TC's.
Better to go Gear Driven if you get the chance.
Crank Scissor is also a known Issue, especially on the Big Bore Motors where the Top has been Modded without Strengthening the Bottom.

Bloke not far from me selling alot of HD parts and engine/gearbox ,your mate might be interested in it ?

Please read the whole speal first.
Sporty front forks in wide raked yokes. £200
1450 twin cam motor with new barrels and pistons fitted. Everything to make the motor run. Ignition, carb wiring etc £1850
Dyna motor to evo frame fitting kit £75
Primary. Complete clutch and primary drive with inner and outer (Brand New outer) casings. £250
Softail tranny in new casing with clutch, Splined shaft. £850
1" primary offset kit £100
New wide front and rear 80 spoke wheels with new tyres and stainless spokes. £300 each
Used 5" wide chrome wheel with good tyre £200
2000 Dyna V5 £2000
Brand new set of big twin forward controls. £150
Brand new set of Poucho Ironhead drag pipes £150
5 speed taper shaft transmission inner workings with new clutch basket, drum and clutch etc £375
Various transmission cases Offers
FLH transmission. Splined shaft Offers
All you need is time and a frame and you have just about everything to make a chop
Glady take offers on individual parts.
All prices are plus postage and packaging
Can send the whole lot on a pallet for £100

Attachments

• 177281476_10159356692444171_8245872652248049532_n.jpg
    177281476_10159356692444171_8245872652248049532_n.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 138
Bloke not far from me selling alot of HD parts and engine/gearbox ,your mate might be interested in it ?

Please read the whole speal first.
Sporty front forks in wide raked yokes. £200
1450 twin cam motor with new barrels and pistons fitted. Everything to make the motor run. Ignition, carb wiring etc £1850
Dyna motor to evo frame fitting kit £75
Primary. Complete clutch and primary drive with inner and outer (Brand New outer) casings. £250
Softail tranny in new casing with clutch, Splined shaft. £850
1" primary offset kit £100
New wide front and rear 80 spoke wheels with new tyres and stainless spokes. £300 each
Used 5" wide chrome wheel with good tyre £200
2000 Dyna V5 £2000
Brand new set of big twin forward controls. £150
Brand new set of Poucho Ironhead drag pipes £150
5 speed taper shaft transmission inner workings with new clutch basket, drum and clutch etc £375
Various transmission cases Offers
FLH transmission. Splined shaft Offers
All you need is time and a frame and you have just about everything to make a chop
Glady take offers on individual parts.
All prices are plus postage and packaging
Can send the whole lot on a pallet for £100

Thanks, I’ve passed that on to him, can you send me his details please.

Back
Top Bottom