R1250RS brand new loan bike

I've tried both the 1200 and 1250 RS's and liked them both, especially when compared to the likes of the z1000 sx. However for me being a short arse with short arms I just couldn't get on with the reach to the bars which meant I was leant forward quite a bit which compromised the all round visibility when compared to the GS which for me is important. I know you can put risers on them but I wasn't prepared to risk it just in case I still found they didn't work for me. I did like the lupin blue 1200 colour scheme though.

I've tried both the 1200 and 1250 RS's and liked them both, especially when compared to the likes of the z1000 sx. However for me being a short arse with short arms I just couldn't get on with the reach to the bars which meant I was leant forward quite a bit which compromised the all round visibility when compared to the GS which for me is important. I know you can put risers on them but I wasn't prepared to risk it just in case I still found they didn't work for me. I did like the lupin blue 1200 colour scheme though.

you are welcome to come and sit on my lupin RS which has 25mm bar risers and 25mm peg lowers. I'm only just down the road...

It sounds like you need the more upright riding position of the R1200 R with the 'proper' handle bars ;)

you are welcome to come and sit on my lupin RS which has 25mm bar risers and 25mm peg lowers. I'm only just down the road...

Thanks, as you pointed me towards Steve Guest at Cotswold motorrad I might take you up on that when the GS gets serviced if you're available.

It sounds like you need the more upright riding position of the R1200 R with the 'proper' handle bars ;)

I tried the 1200R when I was looking to change my 1st GS and I didn't really gell with it. It might have been a coincidence but I also had numerous cage drivers pull out on me on the R, mostly on roundabouts which also put me off.

Thanks, as you pointed me towards Steve Guest at Cotswold motorrad I might take you up on that when the GS gets serviced if you're available.

PM me when you have a date. I don't work Mondays and will be mostly working from home after the lockdown ends

I tried the 1200R when I was looking to change my 1st GS and I didn't really gell with it. It might have been a coincidence but I also had numerous cage drivers pull out on me on the R, mostly on roundabouts which also put me off.

You can fit the R bars/top clamp to the RS :thumb2

I struggle with the riding position on the RS, i quickly develop a bad neck and back when riding it.

What is a hanger queen please.
It’s a bike that spends its life in a garage without use like a museum piece lol.
Fortunately I’m not bothered life is too short for worrying about such things, BMW have been as helpful as possible and it will be resolved eventually, hopefully, maybe lol.

It’s a bike that spends its life in a garage without use like a museum piece lol.
Fortunately I’m not bothered life is too short for worrying about such things, BMW have been as helpful as possible and it will be resolved eventually, hopefully, maybe lol.

So what does it hang on?

You can indeed, & Cotswold BMW had one in a while ago that had been so altered, It was one of those things that, when you looked at it, you found yourself thinking "What's different about that"?
But a former colleague has fitted this conversion, & finds it comfortable, although I appreciate that can be a very personal thing.
https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/b...nderlich-handlebar-conversion-m31000-501.html
Ive just taken these Wunderlich bars off my RS so they are for sale

Had an almost new R1250RS as a loan bike from North Oxford Garage when my 1250RT was having a new exhaust under warranty.
I did like it !
Is there a decent light bar for the RS ? - I'd want to fit my Denali kit.......

You can fit the R bars/top clamp to the RS :thumb2

I found my R1200RS a bit too hard on the wrists, but I sat on a 1250RS with the R bars fitted in Allan Jefferies showroom at the weekend and the riding position was completely transformed :beerjug: It’s got me thinking about another RS

I tried the RS but had so much pain in my hips it was unpleasant to ride. I tried shuffling around on the seat but nothing improved it. A great pity, because I loved everything else about it. The Kawasaki 1000SX was the same. Somehow the riding position of the KTM Superduke GT works for me, hence my recent purchase.

Back
Top Bottom