NAV V Fuel settings

Madsplash

Reaction score
Hi all,

I used to be able to set on the Nav V the fuel tank capacity, amount as reserve and reset fuel tank. However, on a recent long trip where I tried to do it I got a message stating that this info I would be getting it straight fro the bike. In fact it doesn't even let me press any buttons on the fuel setting, including the tick box.

If I remove the sat nav from the bike cradle it lets me input the values but once gets fitted to the bike cradle again the same message is displayed that those settings will be given from the bike.

Anyone with the same issue or with a solution? All is is updated on the software.

Thanks and regards

Jorge

Hi
Have you changed you bike recently, for a while now the Nav Cradle on a GS / GSA has "communicated" with the bike information (dont know the introduction date sorry) which means it takes the GPS time / Fuel info / Range and speed from the bike dash. I actually like this feature and have moved to a new GSA Triple Black only this month and unfortunately the bike is NOT talking to the Sat Nav via the cradle (it only charges the unit) which now that I am used to them communicating is a little frustrating.The dealer will sort it on first service and I am pretty patient with things like this.
I did notice on the TFT screen you have the option of Using GPS or Manual for setting clock however this didnt make a difference to "talking to" the Cradle so I assume that there is no way to overcome your issue and that direct bike info from your dash is the only option?

Rik

Hi Rik,

Thanks for your reply. I have a 1200GSA Triple Black 2017 and as I can remember the NAV V takes indeed info from the bike but I was able to input the settings on the SATNAV as well. For example, I could increase the "reserve" fuel warning on the SATNAV, instead of waiting for the apron 30 miles from the bike, I could put 40 miles and the NAV V would give me an earlier warning. That feature is still there as I can input it on the NAV V but as soon as it goes on the bike cradle it becomes kinda atomically disabled. Features are there but I'm unable to press any of the "fields".
I wonder if it was during one of the recent services or NAV V updates that this got changed.

Jorge

I think you are stuffed. The 10 mile difference between the bike’s 30 mile warning and your preferred 40 mile warning is about one litre of fuel, hardly life changing once you get used to it. Not least, you have a GSA, so tank range overall is not really an issue on any day of the week. The colour though is just paint.

Back
Top Bottom