What cradle/mount to house my NAV6 on my Honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any suggestions please?

Also can I run a lead from the already installed Optimate (III) fly lead to the unit so charging isn't a problem - and will I need any kind of in line resistor jobbie?

Photo of cockpit attached - note the bar mirror thread isn't in use, or any other/better suggestions?

Ta :thumb

Attachments

• Honda Cockpit.JPG
    Honda Cockpit.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 103
A BMW one with buttons, if you want the convenience of the four buttons. A bog standard Garmin mount, if you don’t.

I assume your Optimate lead is kicking out 12 volts? Your Nav VI runs off about 5 volts; go figure, as they say. The cradle you buy will probably come with a fused suitable lead, enabling you to connect the cradle directly to the battery. This you’ll probably find easiest.

As to where to mount it? There are several options. When you have the cradle and your device in your hands, look at them and your bike. Then imagine how and where you want to put them so that you can:

A. See the device

B. Fiddle with it on the move

C. Put the device onto (and take it away from) the mount, easily

D. Not have it interfere with anything else

You can do it, if you try.

For example, I mounted a four button BMW cradle onto my Honda Blackbird, by doing nothing more complicated than securing it to the top yoke with two cable ties.

In Garmin speak, which model and number is the Nav VI?

That will help me identify a suitable cradle/mount.

:nenau 595 ???

I’d try the 660, as that is the same (shape / power supply) as the Nav V. A Nav VI fits in the Nav V cradle and visa-versa. The Navigator IV also fits, not least the Nav IV was the 660 in different clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom