Alarm question -lease guys

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys I’ve got a 2021 R1250GS Te Rallye which I had every option put on apart from the alarm as I prefer to fit my own however with the keyless option now gives me a BMW key house key tracker fob and lock keys to carry in my pocket which is a bit of a faf to be honest

I phoned the dealer and they can retrofit the BMW alarm for me no problem obviously for a inflated price lol

Here’s the question does the BMW alarm work off the 2 buttons on the key to set and unset ? I had a BMW alarm on my c650 sport with the same key as I’ve got on this and all the alarm did was automatically set each time the ignition was turned off and unset when it was turned back on that’s not what I want !! I want it to work from the 2 buttons on the key

I have spoken to the dealer and to be honest I think Imay of confused him as he seemed to have no idea
Can anyone clarify how it sets and insets Belford I-spend another £350 on the bike

Cheers guys

Rob

Let me check on my 2019 R1250GS - from memory, in the settings on the TFT I can set it to either manual or auto set. I have mine set to auto, but if you want manual I do believe it is an option. Let me check the manual!

UPDATE: If your manual is the same as mine look on page 97 - says you can select arm automatically as on or off (and other customisable settings)

Attachments

• Alarm-01.JPG
    Alarm-01.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 648
Hi rob
I have a Bmw fitted alarm and it arms itself after I switch off ignition off and then un arms when I switch ignition on
I believe if you disarm alarm in tft menu neither will work
You can also do same with key fob

Hi,
I didn't add the alarm because;

No one takes any notice
It might drain the battery
If you see 3 thugs nicking your bike with the alarm going, are you really going to confront them ? - they will still put the bike in the van with the alarm going off.

Just my thoughts ......

Once you have the alarm fitted and programmed to the bike you can go into your menus on the TFT select 'Settings' and scroll to 'Alarm'. It then allows you to select 'Arm automatically' or not.
So you can choose to use your remote or have the alarm arm/disarm itself as you wish.
The alarm will not activate sound if the remote is in close proximity.
2015 bikes with keyed ignition you could source GT1600 remotes and have them programmed to the bike to fulfill the additional function.
2017 BMW Mothership stop dealers doing that on keyed bikes. Presumably something to do with the introduction of keyless and the facility to use the fob.
For me auto set is a pain as everytime you wish to manually move the bike you have to turn on the ignition.

Thanks Guys

all I want is the alarm to be set and unset by using the two buttons on the BMW Flip ket
that will do me fine

the C650 was the automatic type and it really was a pain, ended up turning it off !!

Rob

Thanks Guys

all I want is the alarm to be set and unset by using the two buttons on the BMW Flip ket
that will do me fine

the C650 was the automatic type and it really was a pain, ended up turning it off !!

Rob

You can set the BMW alarm to be auto set, or manual. Auto is a pain and switched off on mine. Much prefer manual set.

You can set the BMW alarm to be auto set, or manual. Auto is a pain and switched off on mine. Much prefer manual set.

and that sets from the BMW flip key using the Button with the BMW logo on it and the button with the arrow on it ??

Rob

and that sets from the BMW flip key using the Button with the BMW logo on it and the button with the arrow on it ??

Rob

Yes. BMW button arms the alarm. Arrow button turns alarm off (though I think just turning the ignition on with keyless button on bike also turns off the alarm.)

Yes, you can have it on auto to turn on 30 seconds after you turn the bike off, but that can be a pain so can be turned off via the settings menu on TFT.

This is based on my nephews 2020 1250GS, currently stored in my garage. I didn't have the alarm fitted to my 2021 1250 GS TE.

EDIT TO ADD - His alarm was fitted from new, but there's no reason to think an alarm fitted afterwards would be any different. My key on the bike with no alarm still has those two buttons on it - they just don't do anything.

Yes. BMW button arms the alarm. Arrow button turns alarm off (though I think just turning the ignition on with keyless button on bike also turns off the alarm.)

Yes, you can have it on auto to turn on 30 seconds after you turn the bike off, but that can be a pain so can be turned off via the settings menu on TFT.

This is based on my nephews 2020 1250GS, currently stored in my garage. I didn't have the alarm fitted to my 2021 1250 GS TE.

EDIT TO ADD - His alarm was fitted from new, but there's no reason to think an alarm fitted afterwards would be any different. My key on the bike with no alarm still has those two buttons on it - they just don't do anything.

Excellent thats exactly what I needed to know thank you, ill book it in to be fitted

Rob

I’d like an alarm on my GS, TE, bought new last September.

Could you tell me what sort of budget I’d have to consider to have a BMW alarm fitted by a dealer?

Or could I buy a used one from eg Motoparts, and fit it myself? I guess a 911 to integrate it into the bus?

Ta
Simon

May 19 paid £212.41 for the alarm and an hour and a quarter labour to fit and code. £67.50. All including VAT.
You can fit yourself. Its a plug in job. Because its hidden in the cubby hole between the rear seat and rear light, remove the rear 'scaffolding ' if its a GSA , the rear box plate and and the silver plastic around the rear seat. A dealer needs to code to your bike. Maybe charge you half an hour labour.

Mines a 2021. The alarm was fitted by BMW and is the standard unit. Auto arming is set via the TFT menu. I don’t press any buttons on any fobs but do have to carry them.

I retro fitted the BMW alarm to my 2019 1250 GSA. Bought the unit from Cotswold BMW, I fitted it which took about 30 mins then had Cotswold code it in for £16 :eek: nice and cheap. :D

It’s much louder than the OEM alarm on my 2016 GSA. :beerjug:

Coincidentally, I retrofitted an alarm to my 2020 1250GS this week, Picked the old unit up from Motorworks for £100 - changed the internal CR123 batteries for piece of mind, then coded using E-Sys in the garage - I've used this before to code options on my BMW cars, but the first time I've used it on the bike. Added the option 603 to the VO (Vehicle Order) and then coded all of the ECUs (couldn't quickly determine which needed to be flashed other than the KOMBI and SLZ). If you've any experience using E-sys it's a very easy and quick retrofit.

Anyone know if the BMW dealer fit alarm fitted to the GSA 2021 can be configured to power the horn when triggered ?

I have a Denali being fitted which may be useful for noise.

Hi,
I didn't add the alarm because;

No one takes any notice
It might drain the battery
If you see 3 thugs nicking your bike with the alarm going, are you really going to confront them ? - they will still put the bike in the van with the alarm going off.

Just my thoughts ......

Yes of course you would confront them,

Does the alarm go off?? Or does it come on?

I’d quite happily confront them and have done so in the past when someone was removing my exhaust.

Coincidentally, I retrofitted an alarm to my 2020 1250GS this week, Picked the old unit up from Motorworks for £100 - changed the internal CR123 batteries for piece of mind, then coded using E-Sys in the garage - I've used this before to code options on my BMW cars, but the first time I've used it on the bike. Added the option 603 to the VO (Vehicle Order) and then coded all of the ECUs (couldn't quickly determine which needed to be flashed other than the KOMBI and SLZ). If you've any experience using E-sys it's a very easy and quick retrofit.

I'm thinking of doing this, can it be coded using GS-911? Is there anything else needed to install it? the parts diagram shows a battery and a bracket.

Back
Top Bottom