690E snatchy any low revs

Just a though and I'm no kin expert mind. I have and have had a couple of 990's with the same issue. I did a lot of research about tune ECU etc. I found a thread on cutting the gear limit sensor on the gear position in the first couple of gears. It helped so much that I left it as a permanent fix. Roundabouts and lanes issues were a thing of the past. There was a tune ECU fix you did by switching of the sensors, but never ventured that way....old skool me lol
I found this link too, for the 690. Worth a look and easily reversed if done carefully
https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/65748/
HTHs

O2 sensor eliminator fitted,
SAS removal bits ordered,
See what it’s like with some of the emissions bollicks gone.
I’ll get the oem exhaust/cat off as soon as funds allow,
But ,luggage,bash plate and tyres first.

Have you thought about a cheap and cheerful fueling dongle to richen up the bottom end? It'll be the first thing I try on the 701 once one is available for the 2021 MY.

There's a few suppliers available, here's an example LINKY

Andres

Have you thought about a cheap and cheerful fueling dongle to richen up the bottom end? It'll be the first thing I try on the 701 once one is available for the 2021 MY.

There's a few suppliers available, here's an example LINKY

Andres

Fuel dongle/ o2 sensor eliminator,,,same thing
Fitted,
Will report on findings

Just a though and I'm no kin expert mind. I have and have had a couple of 990's with the same issue. I did a lot of research about tune ECU etc. I found a thread on cutting the gear limit sensor on the gear position in the first couple of gears. It helped so much that I left it as a permanent fix. Roundabouts and lanes issues were a thing of the past. There was a tune ECU fix you did by switching of the sensors, but never ventured that way....old skool me lol
I found this link too, for the 690. Worth a look and easily reversed if done carefully
HTHs
I’ll take a look at this once I’ve tried the bike to see if any progress has been made to date

HTHs
Anyone else tried this on a mk1 690?
Also ,advantage of dropping to a 14 front sprocket,worth it or not?

Be brave, my nephew was a bit hesitant when I suggested it for his 990....I know it's not the same bike, but it is the same issue and it's a KTM, but was singing my praises after and I'm still waiting for the pint he promised. It was a ball ache to get to the connecting block on the 990 but ought to be easier on the 690. From memory the lead had three wires....neutral and two for the limiters...reckon you could disconnect the cable block and go test ride and reconnect after. Just remember no neutral light:blast

Be brave, my nephew was a bit hesitant when I suggested it for his 990....I know it's not the same bike, but it is the same issue and it's a KTM, but was singing my praises after and I'm still waiting for the pint he promised. It was a ball ache to get to the connecting block on the 990 but ought to be easier on the 690. From memory the lead had three wires....neutral and two for the limiters...reckon you could disconnect the cable block and go test ride and reconnect after. Just remember no neutral light:blast
Dead easy to get to the harness connection,
My thoughts entirely,ride a few miles,disconnect and ride some more.
I’ll let you know the outcome after the weekend,
New tyres and tubes should arrive tomorrow ,sas removal enroute,
Hopefully pannier racks are on the way,
Might order a 14 tooth sprocket tomorrow.
Lowering link bought and paid for arrival day unknown.
Got to get it all done for a week tomorrow.

Humour a numpty; why go down one tooth on the drive and not up two on the wheel? To keep the same chain?

Andres
Might be a bit much to do both!
One off the front can normally be adjusted out on the chain,
To also go up two on the rear would ,as near as,be equivalent to going to a 13 on the front.
Be like riding a 65bhp trials bike:thumby:

Might be a bit much to do both!
One off the front can normally be adjusted out on the chain,
To also go up two on the rear would ,as near as,be equivalent to going to a 13 on the front.
Be like riding a 65bhp trials bike:thumby:

Sorry, I didn't mean both :blast I meant instead of changing out the front sprocket and making the chain run tighter why not just go up on the rear the equivalent amount..... up 2 or 3 on the rear being similar to 1 down on the front? But yeah, if it's a question of needing a new chain to accommodate 2 teeth on the rear then I get it :thumb2

Whatever, going down one tooth on the front seems a popular mod on 701's :thumb2

Andres

Yes I believe the newer models are better.
Come to think of it my 690 already had a different throttle fitted which I copied to allow me to ride the 950 slowly over rocks without having to clutch it.

Done exactly that on Mrs Berin's bike, it does make a difference

The SAS removal dongle/kit won’t arrive till next week so I’ve blocked it off for now.
I’ve done the throttle reset and letting it idle for 15 mins so we shall see on Saturday.
The idle does seem to be stronger with less hunting and fluctuations on the engine speed..
One of the lads on ABR put some parts up for sale so most of the bits I wanted are enroute,
Including a smaller 14t sprocket..
I’ll get the front tyre on tomorrow and have some playtime over the weekend.:cool:

Nice to see the racks went on.
Few bits to do on the 690R here soon.
Fuelling being one of them.
It’s worth putting a meter over the map switch.
The one on Crumble’s old bike had failed causing all sorts of issues.
Didn’t matter what you had it on it made no difference to the map other than to give worsening riding.
New one with the bar switch added solved it.

Nice to see the racks went on.
Few bits to do on the 690R here soon.
Fuelling being one of them.
It’s worth putting a meter over the map switch.
The one on Crumble’s old bike had failed causing all sorts of issues.
Didn’t matter what you had it on it made no difference to the map other than to give worsening riding.
New one with the bar switch added solved it.

Trying to take small steps here,
I’ve got to be good to go by Thursday night so some things are achievable some not,
Bike,done.
Luggage sorted,
Protection,enroute
Rear tyre on.
Front tomorrow.
All the stuff for electrics ( phone charging etc)should arrive tomorrow.
Front sprocket,tomorrow
Plan is to head to the peaks,hook up on the northern TET and get to Haggs bank,base there and trail ride two days,back Monday.

Back
Top Bottom