690E snatchy any low revs

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
Hi chaps,
I’m sure this has been done to death but any good links would be good reading.
New to me 2009 bike registered 02 2010.
On map 2setting on the rotary dial thing.
Low revs and cruise throttle,it surges and is generally not nice,
The bikes only done 3600 mile from new,so I’m going to run some fuel though it prior to serious investigation.,
I’ll piss about with the rotary map thing but any tips and pointers would be good.
I’ve took the slack out of the cables but the throttle tube seems to have a lot of float on the bars/cable mech.(are they that sensitive)
If poss I’d like to keep the full power map but gain nice rideable response from idle?
Thanks in advance,
I know some of you chaps have had these for a few years.
( don’t make me go to adv rider,pleeeease)
Mike

Yes I know this issue only too well and one of many reasons I stayed with the 640. 690 is great ridden hard but I found the initial throttle input gave the bike a mind of it's own.
Apart from finding the right mapping you can take a hacksaw blade to the throttle and reprofile the first third to give it a softer response.

Ultimate solution would be an FCR carb :)

Attachments

• P1050217.jpg
    P1050217.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 238
Yes I believe the newer models are better.
Come to think of it my 690 already had a different throttle fitted which I copied to allow me to ride the 950 slowly over rocks without having to clutch it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210424-080032.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-080032.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 240
A G2 throttle tamer (similar to Tim’s suggestions) may help and worked a treat on my efi enduro bike

Ah that's it. I was trying to remember the number, G2 was fitted to mine but really there's no need, 2 mins with a hacksaw blade will achieve the same.
Just leave it on the bars as it makes it easier and remove cables.

I also tried putting more slack into the cable so I could physically feel the moment the throttle would come on....to no avail :D

Ah that's it. I was trying to remember the number, G2 was fitted to mine but really there's no need, 2 mins with a hacksaw blade will achieve the same.
Just leave it on the bars as it makes it easier and remove cables.

I also tried putting more slack into the cable so I could physically feel the moment the throttle would come on....to no avail :D

Some bikes just cannot be resolved satisfactorily

The 2010 690e I rode wasn’t nice at all

Best thing about the T700 is the superb fuelling at all revs and the buttery smooth torque of the engine

For a efi engine it’s as smooth as a carbed one off idle

Just what you need around town & off-roading

Some bikes just cannot be resolved satisfactorily

The 2010 690e I rode wasn’t nice at all

Best thing about the T700 is the superb fuelling at all revs and the buttery smooth torque of the engine

For a efi engine it’s as smooth as a carbed one off idle

Just what you need around town & off-roading

Yeah but it's just another parallel twin producing around the same power as a 701 and it's heavier than a 950 SE... :D

The other way of looking at it Mike, is we all find these querks when new to a bike, perhaps try to regard it as a characteristic and ride round it. Hopefully after time you may not really notice it :)

A G2 throttle tamer (similar to Tim’s suggestions) may help and worked a treat on my efi enduro bike

Mate had a similar problem and this helped. But I suspect poor fuel would make it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah but it's just another parallel twin producing around the same power as a 701 and it's heavier than a 950 SE... :D

So what?
It’s proving to be more popular than the orange stable compatriots
Maybe you should try one for a quick ride
First time I rode one I was pleasantly surprised by the engine and overall package - perfect fuelling was very nice
I didn’t want another 600cc single and nobody had a 950 SE anymore

I'm only pulling your leg matey, besides if I want a quick ride ....better not go there :D
Every bike has its faults in standard trim, for example I could never forgive the standard awful shock on an SE ;)

So what?
It’s proving to be more popular than the orange stable compatriots
Maybe you should try one for a quick ride
First time I rode one I was pleasantly surprised by the engine and overall package - perfect fuelling was very nice
I didn’t want another 600cc single and nobody had a 950 SE anymore
I’ve got a 950R se,
Wanna buy it?

Back
Top Bottom