Glen Quaich

Interestingly I seen a chopper fly over my house the other day and it did look like the SCAA one by the colours that I could see, though strangely it was heading West and not in the direction of Ninewells.

Like you when I seen that yesterday I thought, that's not on a difficult part of that road, however there is a couple of blind crests and a couple of bends that could catch you out. As for climbing up a hill, he would have had to get over a fence to do so, surely.

What's the bike btw ? Guzzi or a Benelli ?

Interestingly I seen a chopper fly over my house the other day and it did look like the SCAA one by the colours that I could see, though strangely it was heading East and not in the direction of Ninewells.

Like you when I seen that yesterday I thought, that's not on a difficult part of that road, however there is a couple of blind crests and a couple of bends that could catch you out. As for climbing up a hill, he would have had to get over a fence to do so, surely.

What's the bike btw ? Guzzi or a Benelli ?

Guzzi V85TT

They may well have landed a few hundred yards from the accident site and brought him to the helicopter in the land ambulance. Very lucky to be spotted, good old bus driver for spotting him.

One of the reason why all proceeds from the Dent Events go to The Great North Air Ambulance.
Over £5,000 now ;)

:beerjug:

It is a lovely little road that and I ride it often when I am in Dunkeld

Yes there are some reasonably tricky hairpins on the way up from Amulree and getting down to Kenmore is fun when the green slimy tree stuff has encroached but it really isnt that bad

So poor fella not had a signal on his phone, that is annoying but also expected when riding out in the sticks.

Question is, had he been riding a BMW with SOS button, would that had worked? I doubt it as from my understanding it is also using a SIM card and mobile signal.

Local bike group in Dundee raise money for the air ambulance, a worthy cause IMO, Tis a good wee road but not one to be going 70+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a preference to which way you go on this section of road, I always feel more comfortable Amurlee to Kenmore for some reason.
I am walking it later in June as part of the Rob Roy Way.

I recently sat in on a Zoom talk given by the charity run SCAA, they do these for groups, well worth a listen.
Wee stat from the session £100 buys 6 mins air time.

Back on story, good question about the BMW SOS. If any Dundee BMW JC readers, can you go out and test?
Guzzi- nice bike.

One of the EDAM riders had an off on the Yetts o Muckart road. Came round a right hander to find a line of pot holes in the way. Fortunately only a few bumps and scrapes and (unfortunately) a bit more damage to bike plastics etc.

There's lots of reports of bad sections of road and repairs are often as bad as the original issues with loose dressing chucked down.

Nice n easy does it! :thumb2

Looking where the chopper is, if he's on the hill they have a long run back up the hill to get to him as in that picture it's not far from Freuchie Loch, just past the bend in the road and a good bit from the farm at the bottom of the hill by the bridge.

It is a lovely little road that and I ride it often when I am in Dunkeld

Yes there are some reasonably tricky hairpins on the way up from Amulree and getting down to Kenmore is fun when the green slimy tree stuff has encroached but it really isnt that bad

aye, rear brake gently when it is slimy which is most of the time. beautiful on a nice day.

This was taken today where I think the chopper pic on the beeb site was. It's a full two miles til the bridge before the climb, no way were they walking back that distance with their gear.

It still seems a strange place to have an off though I will say there is a shit load of gravel down the middle of the road.

9b19c7c583513d87f24117bd5a8116f9.jpg

Is this the Sma' Glen Road? A bit of a hidden gem and not over used by bike tourists ....... I like that Guzzi Big Rob, very nice

Is this the Sma' Glen Road? A bit of a hidden gem and not over used by bike tourists ....... I like that Guzzi Big Rob, very nice
Glen Quaich, just past Amulree off the Sma Glen road. It used to be the case no one knew about it, but like all roads now it's much busier than before.

Back
Top Bottom