GS is still the best !

I hit a pigeon at around 80 on my Blackbird - hit me in the chest. Didn't half hurt!

I’ve hit a pigeon while riding 125 Honda scooter at 65mph. It made a right mess of my windscreen. Then glanced of the top of my helmet.

Looked in the rear view mirror and it looked as if someone shot a down pillow with a shotgun.

I’ve hit a pigeon while riding 125 Honda scooter at 65mph. It made a right mess of my windscreen. Then glanced of the top of my helmet.

Looked in the rear view mirror and it looked as if someone shot a down pillow with a shotgun.

It ricocheted off the screen and left its entrails on my leather jacket.

Says a man who always changes his GS for a new one just before the warranty runs out .
Had my 950 over a decade . You had 5 GSs in that time . Bless :)

Had my first 1200GS in 2005 didn't change it until 2010 - I put 45,000 miles on it. I have only once changed my bike at 2 years, all the others have done 3 years so you statement that I change before the warranty runs out is just plain wrong.

The 1200GS has evolved a lot since 2005, from an air-cooled, dry, car type single plate clutch bike (with little in the way of features other than the brilliant tele-lever/para lever suspension) into a 1250 water cooled 136HP, sophisticated utterly brilliant all round motorcycle that does everything very well indeed, hence the reason it is the best selling large capacity bike ever.

I've just been out on a non-telever, chain driven BMW, the F900R, a great little fun bike to hoon around on but even with dynamic ESA the 'conventional' suspension doesn't come close to the brilliant and unique suspension system of the GS.

By all means stick with your crude 10 year old compromised KTM 950 rat bike - I'll stick with the best motorcycle one can buy :D

If only you had a chance to meet this “Idiot”, towering at 6’6” or something and shouting at you in Scotts lingo, you’d soon be very apologetic to call him an idiot.

I met him twice, once riding together, the guy can ride, as he was a rider with Metropolitan police, like with many forces across the globe, they are trained to ride fast for pursuit reasons and at same time do hell of allot other police related work…

By the way he owns a 1250GS HP

ae605a731c71654f452cb851e62192c5.jpg

He does come across in his Youtube videos as being terribly insecure.

You can respect the job a man does, but not alway agree with opinion the man has on his bikes, I thank him for his job, maybe that job was better for him. :beerjug:

You can respect the job a man does, but not alway agree with opinion the man has on his bikes, I thank him for his job, maybe that job was better for him. :beerjug:

S1000RR Review, what made him “give up” his job.

I wouldn’t say so.

Perhaps cautious (in what he’s got to say) than ever, but I wouldn’t say insecure.

Based on experience, I disagree with everything from the second line...

Maybe you should try basing it on the overwhelming evidence not only found on this forum but in the wider world.

Maybe you should try basing it on the overwhelming evidence not only found on this forum but in the wider world.

And what makes you think I don't? Just because we don't share the same point of view?

Through the BMW owners club I get in contact with lots of BMW riders. And the general consensus is a problem free ownership.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the GS is a bloody good bike, where there are few problems, and a good support system from BMW. And this at the same price as the competition, with cheaper service parts and a very short delivery time if you ask for something not in stock.

He had a choice, give up Youtube or his job as his boss considered them incompatible - couldn't have a copper bringing the force into disrepute by inappropriate Youtube videos.

Yes he did…. He made his choice. But it was a troll who has grassed him up. The said video went up to the screens in the higher ranks….

I hear that said all the time but I've never had a shaft fail on me.

Winter riding requires constant and careful chain cleaning if they are to last, too much faff on dark winter evenings.

My Thruxton R has a chain drive and that requires constant cleaning even though I only do about 2500 miles a year on that bike, 90% of which is in good weather. For 10-12k miles all year round a shaft drive wins for me.

Only the GS does it all and does it so well.

If I was commuting like you do, it would only be a shaft drive bike for me too

Chains on big bikes belong in the dark ages

Utter blinkered bollox .
Never had a chain fail on me in 40 years, yet only last year our trip was disrupted when a shaft failed on mates K1300S.

You don’t ride 365 days like Engineer does, like me .....you are a leisure rider only

Very true,,
I choose to ride the B roads,I can if I choose ride,at any speed I like.
My 950R SE will break every speed limit, and is fast enough to get me my license removed if I don’t watch what I’m doing.
I actually ride off road more these days .
Funny thing,on Saturday morning,a pheasant,took off just in front of me on my 690,
Which strangely enough Tis also fast enough to do the same as the above mentioned bike.
It flew above my mudguard,just in front of the headlamp,
I accelerated up to about 30 watching the bird.
Over the last 3 years ,to my knowledge 3 riders have died following bird strikes at speed,on the A roads around Melton two of which were within 2 miles from my house ( as the pheasant flies)
Don’t talk like a cock(pheasant)
About “ability to realise your surroundings “.
One day,you just might get caught out on your 150bhp bike,
The dead riders didn’t get much thought about their ability to realise their surroundings
No1 Less of the cock
No2 You carry on enjoying yourself
No3 Also let me
No4. I do not have 150 bhp
No5 You can get killed any where , any speed
No5 I ride in places you can dream about , few double whites , no HGV , or vans and bugger me corners as well .
The off road we do as well is Wales best not the flat lands of boredom.
Carry On

Yes he did…. He made his choice. But it was a troll who has grassed him up. The said video went up to the screens in the higher ranks….

Apparently so, but police officers as public servants, should be conscious of their behaviour - I guess he got carried away with his new found fame and let his guard drop. He then decided that Youtube was more rewarding than being a MET police officer.

Apparently so, but police officers as public servants, should be conscious of their behaviour - I guess he got carried away with his new found fame and let his guard drop. He then decided that Youtube was more rewarding than being a MET police officer.

He is getting his fingers in many other pies. He’s got a podcast show on YouTube (visual) and on all podcast capable platforms, he’s also working on a Motorcycle TV show that is due for release later on in a year.

I think that his new found YouTube fame is perhaps more rewarding than standing outside the gates of No. 10 Downing Street.

He’s also running a motorcycle tour gaff, called chicken strips, Picos. I think is his main go to destination, but he also done a few Morocco trips with Toro Adventure.

Back
Top Bottom