GS is still the best !

Tanneman I think they ran the K1200R for one season (2005) and then dropped it for a good reason...Too many low-sides because of not enough weight over the front.

America didn't get the K1300R and it was raced in a production series. In Europe naked bikes are popular, especially France.

Did 409 miles at the weekend , came home , cleaned the bike , sat having a beer , looked at this thread , smiled and said to myself , yes the GS is the best . 409 miles of pure riding pleasure along Wales best B roads on a bike that delivers everything in bucket loads all day long . If I could get it upstairs it would have its own bedroom .

No naked bike is "ready to race" ! For obvious reasons...The upright seating position lack of wind protection work against hard acceleration or fast turns because of lack of weight over the front and everything above 100 mph becomes hard work and induces instability because you have to hold yourself on the handlebar...Even on the street these naked bikes are useless because they lack hard luggage or centerstand which is especially a pain if you have a chain..."ready to race" Only for clueless idiots or magazine scribes who need to write nice stuff for advertisement money...Paid whores :D
Wonder why KTM does not offer a RC8 with a V2 anymore...That bike was actually pretty comfortable for a sport-bike and more unique than the V4 stuff of today.I guess it is a missed opportunity like BMW not having a modern version of the R1100S with a 1350cc 165hp/155nm LC shiftcam boxer :thumby:
As also a 1350 GS with lower handlebar and 17" wheels for GS riders who always stay on the tarmac and like to do the occasional track-day as a R1350XR or M1350GS :thumby:

I'm afraid that I don't fully agree with this. I spent a good 400 miles on a brand new Ducati V4S Streetfighter on Saturday taking in some great Scottish roads and I can tell you that it will keep up with superbikes in a straight line and in corners on the roads, despite the lack of fairing. It's a very good bike for making swift progress and I don't think that a Panigale V4S would really shake it on the track if rider skill was taken out of the equation (except maybe on VERY fast tracks where the aero would play a significant role).

I can also confirm that it's very stable even above the 130 mph mark.

All that said, I'd have preferred to be on the GS had I been given the opportunity for that specific trip.

Have a few beers and go to bed with a KTM .
Wake up with a GS staring at you . NOOOOO !!! :)

I have standards , I would never go to bed with a KTM slut , and if I did I would need to inject smack as beers could never make a road Ktm attractive . That again is why the Gs is the best 🤣

Again, spent the last 2 hrs with vulcanite wipes on the Gs , wonderful it is , I thought to myself what a great creation of different, no jelly mould , engineering wonderfulness.

Back
Top Bottom