Bridge of Balgie to Lawyers Dam

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Did this stretch today and be warned the road has obviously been crippled by such a hard winter, it's the worst I've seen it in 20 years since they relayed back then.

Glad I was on my T7 with decent knobbles and not proper road tyres, you've been warned. :thumb2

I haven't been on that section of road for a number of years now.
Had thought of including on return from a wee trip up to Rannoch Station for my biannual Cream Tea, when things open up.
Forewarned / Forearmed.
thanks

Did this stretch today and be warned the road has obviously been crippled by such a hard winter, it's the worst I've seen it in 20 years since they relayed back then.

Glad I was on my T7 with decent knobbles and not proper road tyres, you've been warned. :thumb2

They are doing some work on the road, I was up there about 10 days ago and I had to wait while some potholes were being filled about midway between Bridge of Balgie and the dam. I was hoping they'd be doing more, but it doesn't sound like it :-(

My original plan was to take the next road along (Pubil to Kenknock) but the first bit up from the dam was very loose, not just gravel but big jaggy stones like you get on railway tracks, so I bottled it

Given the size of the craters I think you’re right

It was destroyed by heavy logging trucks when they clear-felled and extracted the big conifer plantation a mile south of Bridge of Balgie. The road was totally wrecked when I was across it last year.
They seemed to be taking the timber out over Ben Lawers road on heavy trailers then re-loading onto big timber trucks at the Loch Tay end of the road, - I assumed they would re-lay the road properly once all the timber and machinery was out:rolleyes:

Cheers..........................Grizzly:beerjug:

To be clear

Is this the road that goes over the top of Ben Lawyers from the Kilin road or the one that goes from glen lyon ?

err.....both go to Glen Lyon...

So to be perfectly clear, this one, not the one that's in even worse state. :blast

eca0f7dfe3ec97a12248ee6f81903109.jpg

Back
Top Bottom