2021 Suzuki GSX-S 1000

Nice bike...but won't take a top box or a centre stand

The lack of a centre stand isn’t going to be too important if the swinging arm is drilled/tapped for a paddock stand or you just put it on the side stand and jack it up with a scissor jack from the right hand side of the swinging arm for wheel removal and chain lube is resolved with a Scottoiler.

As for the top box, I don’t carry a handbag so don’t need one :D

The lack of a centre stand isn’t going to be too important if the swinging arm is drilled/tapped for a paddock stand or you just put it on the side stand and jack it up with a scissor jack from the right hand side of the swinging arm for wheel removal and chain lube is resolved with a Scottoiler.

As for the top box, I don’t carry a handbag so don’t need one :D

i have a top box on my suzuki. don't have a handbag and wish i had bought small panniers instead of looking like a pizza delivery.

I only mentioned handbags because my wife insisted on having a top box on her last 4 or 5 bikes so she could put her handbag in it when using the bike for anything other than touring.

I shit you not, it took years to persuade her that a Kriega backpack was a perfectly viable and comfortable way to carry her clutter 😀

I do have a top box for my GS but it only goes on the bike if I’m stopping away and want to take an inner bag for use on a ferry or an overnight stop in a hotel.

I only mentioned handbags because my wife insisted on having a top box on her last 4 or 5 bikes so she could put her handbag in it when using the bike for anything other than touring.

I shit you not, it took years to persuade her that a Kriega backpack was a perfectly viable and comfortable way to carry her clutter ��

I do have a top box for my GS but it only goes on the bike if I’m stopping away and want to take an inner bag for use on a ferry or an overnight stop in a hotel.

sorry, i forgot the smiley.:)

It appears to be the bike I was looking for when I bought my Superduke GT, although it would depend on the seat, pegs, bars triangle. Neither the R1250RS or the Z1000SX worked for me in that respect, which is why I chose the KTM. Fortunately there isn't a local Suzuki dealer. :D

It appears to be the bike I was looking for when I bought my Superduke GT, although it would depend on the seat, pegs, bars triangle. Neither the R1250RS or the Z1000SX worked for me in that respect, which is why I chose the KTM. Fortunately there isn't a local Suzuki dealer. :D

I’ll tell you how they compare to the GT when I’ve had a test ride 👍

That's very kind of you. I'll probably have a ride up to Fowler's and try their demonstrator next year.

I’m not really sure what to expect because the K5 GSXR 1000 was a monster and if they’ve strangled the GT it’ll annoy the fuck out of me when I ride it but I’ve never ridden an in-line 4 with any kind of so called rider aids like traction control or even ABS and it’s got to be worth a test ride.

I’m not really sure what to expect because the K5 GSXR 1000 was a monster and if they’ve strangled the GT it’ll annoy the fuck out of me when I ride it but I’ve never ridden an in-line 4 with any kind of so called rider aids like traction control or even ABS and it’s got to be worth a test ride.

I think the big difference will be the 60kg extra mass - 166kg for the K5, 226 for the new bike. Most of these new fangled superbikes allow you to turn off, or at least dial down, the gadgets.

I think the big difference will be the 60kg extra mass - 166kg for the K5, 226 for the new bike. Most of these new fangled superbikes allow you to turn off, or at least dial down, the gadgets.

We shall see. I remembered after my last post that I had an extensive test ride on an S1000R which had toys but it was a bit shit so I left it alone.

I’m genuinely hopeful that it’ll be a laugh to ride and I can act the twat on it without limitations but only a test ride will confirm that 😀

We shall see. I remembered after my last post that I had an extensive test ride on an S1000R which had toys but it was a bit shit so I left it alone.

I’m genuinely hopeful that it’ll be a laugh to ride and I can act the twat on it without limitations but only a test ride will confirm that ��

If you get on the new GSX-S expecting it to be a K5 then it will be shit. You have the Laverda if you want a near death experience on every corner.

If I want near death experiences I’ve got an H2 :D

All I really want from a bike is for it to be fun, I don’t need that full on sports bike kick up the arse experience any more but I do need to be entertained by a bike and I’m afraid a GS is never going to manage that.

5e04c2030255c535accbf39a87e08edb.png

cd0d5c97b566d01a50f7d6ab70b7a6cf.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mQdn9gLTP4o" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Visor Down also seem to like the bike and November when test rides are supposed to happen is rapidly approaching. It’ll probably piss it down throughout the month but I’ll still have a go when it’s offered.

MCN’s vid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jnx7xuZ-s4c" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MCN’s vid

as outlined in the Youtube comments, there is more than one competitor. Yes, the R1250RS is dearer but it is certainly a sports tourer. I will try the Suzuki but I doubt it will persuade me to change bikes.

as outlined in the Youtube comments, there is more than one competitor. Yes, the R1250RS is dearer but it is certainly a sports tourer. I will try the Suzuki but I doubt it will persuade me to change bikes.

So what’s your point ?
Every bike has a competitor . This thread is about the new GSXS and GT version . It’s not about you and your beloved RS. So whether you dismiss the new Suzuki before or after riding it is totally irrelevant !!

Back
Top Bottom