2021 Suzuki GSX-S 1000

Watched the Bennetts review by Simon Hargreaves. It is hampered by poor mpg and a low tank range of 120-140 miles which is not good in comparison to the market leading Kawasaki Z1000SX. I regularly get high 40smpg out of mine and when not thrashing it I've seen over 50mpg giving a range of 200 miles. Nice looking bike but I think it will struggle to topple the Kawasaki.

Watched the Bennetts review by Simon Hargreaves. It is hampered by poor mpg and a low tank range of 120-140 miles which is not good in comparison to the market leading Kawasaki Z1000SX. I regularly get high 40smpg out of mine and when not thrashing it I've seen over 50mpg giving a range of 200 miles. Nice looking bike but I think it will struggle to topple the Kawasaki.

I’m not so sure .
I found the Kwak very cramped and it sounds like the GT is more roomy . I think it’ll be the motor that makes the difference , the K5-derived motor in the GT is superb . I always found the SX motor a bit bland .

I was chatting to a friend of mine today who's a Suzuki dealer. He's already taken deposits on 10 GTs.

MSL like it too. It certainly looks good to me and I’m glad that sports tourers are making a bit of a comeback. Price once things settle down after the launch hype will be very competitive.

I’m not so sure .
I found the Kwak very cramped and it sounds like the GT is more roomy . I think it’ll be the motor that makes the difference , the K5-derived motor in the GT is superb . I always found the SX motor a bit bland .

Could be one for you then sir! I guess time will tell with regards to the sales figures.

This Suzuki is Euro 5, has anyone tested the Euro 5 Ninja? I had a Series 1 Versys 1000 for 5 years and loved it but it was inclined to be a bit vibey and as the motor in the Ninja is essentially the same, (except for the power output), then I wouldn’t be too surprised if the Ninja is vibey too.
I really like the look of this Suzuki though, it could even persuade me to swap my Super Tenere !

Those promised November test rides seem to have been forgotten and there’s no way I’m test riding something without heated grips and a plug for my heated jacket 😀

Tried it for size with the missus at the bike show yesterday and the pillion seat is far too small and rocks side-to-side if they move.

Design and quality wise it’s nowhere near as nice as the Ninja 1000 SX.

All in all it was rather disappointing :(

I saw it today. It feels as if it's built down to a budget. It doesn't exactly ooze quality. Not for me, thanks, even though I'm sure it will go like hell and sell by the bucket load.

Isn’t everything built to a budget ? Suzukis have never oozed quality…..

Yes, just about everything is built to a budget, but not everything is built down to a budget.

My point is, in case you were struggling with it, that this particular model looks and feels cheap. Thin plastics that seem very flexible, thinly padded seat for a tourer etc. I am aware that it is really a parts bin special, but Suzukis appear to have been built better in the past, especially the plastics which are new for this model. My GSXR1000, for example, had more rigid plastics, a firmer yet supportive seat and generally felt better built, as does the current Z1000SX, as has been pointed out.

I doubt that Suzuki's bosses will lose sleep over my opinion.

Yes, just about everything is built to a budget, but not everything is built down to a budget.

My point is, in case you were struggling with it, that this particular model looks and feels cheap. Thin plastics that seem very flexible, thinly padded seat for a tourer etc..

Yet all the road tests have praised the very comfy seat …..

For example, MCN said :

“It’s also supremely comfortable with a natural stretch to its high and wide bars. Legroom is generous, rider and pillion seats are plush and you’re nicely isolated from vibes, thanks to rubber-mount bars and rubber-topped footpegs”

Shock horror!

People have different opinions.

I only sat on it briefly at the NEC. I haven't ridden it. It might be superb. My first impression was that it had a thin, uncomfortable seat. Few road testers are my size. Perhaps that's the difference. Or is it because they are younger and I have got fussier in my old age? Who knows. It could even be that I'm right and they're wrong. Unlikely, I'd admit, but possible.

Does it matter that much to you that I have expressed an opinion? Go on. Knock yourself out.

Please, knock yourself out! :D

Shock horror!

I only sat on it briefly at the NEC. I haven't ridden it. It might be superb. My first impression was that it had a thin, uncomfortable seat. Few road testers are my size. Perhaps that's the difference. Or is it because they are younger and I have got fussier in my old age? Who knows. It could even be that I'm right and they're wrong. Unlikely, I'd admit, but possible.

Does it matter that much to you that I have expressed an opinion? Go on. Knock yourself out.

Shock horror!

I guess if you’re the size of some on here, even a ‘plush rider seat’ will perform more like a butt plug…..:)

I guess if you’re the size of some on here, even a ‘plush rider seat’ will perform more like a butt plug…..:)

Of course I’m the size of some on here, as are you.

I’ll bow to your superior knowledge of butt plugs.

Back
Top Bottom