2021 Suzuki GSX-S 1000

You have to take any journo's opinion with a large pinch of salt as their impartiality is less than trustworthy. After all, they are flown out to some exotic warm location, pampered, wined, dined and accommodated in very decent hotels and then provided with bikes that are very often tuned differently to the production models. I'd be more inclined to trust the opinion of one of the many independent vloggers on YouTube who are not beholden to the manufacturers.

I took the opportunity to sit on the bike at the NEC yesterday and it was ‘ok’ for the price being asked, nothing more and nothing less. I’d want at least 2 hrs on one before dumping my cash on one and the muppet Suzuki salesman at the show wasn’t doing a good job 👎

Apart from that my only reaction after sitting on it was that the handlebars felt very wide for a sports tourer. I know I could check the dimensions and they’re probably no wider than ones on similar bikes but that’s how they felt when I was sitting on it so I’d have it in my mind that they might need changing if I bought one.

The salesman? He was desperate to show me the TFT so I went along with it and an important plus point (to him) was that you can switch off the quick shifter. Why would you switch it off? Either use it or don’t but why make it switchable.

He also went into great detail about the traction control levels so when I asked if it could be turned off completely he gave me a look of disgust and said it was a safety device and turning it off would probably invalidate my insurance.

The last clincher in my decision making process regarding him being a muppet was when he asked if I’d like to reserve one while I was at the show because they’re probably not going to have enough to meet the expected demand. I asked how much, he replied with £1k, I asked if it was refundable and he said he didn’t know so it was up to me to check. I didn’t feel like phoning my mum at that moment so I decided against gifting him a grand with a chance I’d have to fight to get it back if I wasn’t happy after a test ride.

Test ride? They were promised for November and apparently it’s more likely to be February with delivery of pre-ordered bikes later in the year.

You have to take any journo's opinion with a large pinch of salt as their impartiality is less than trustworthy. After all, they are flown out to some exotic warm location, pampered, wined, dined and accommodated in very decent hotels and then provided with bikes that are very often tuned differently to the production models. I'd be more inclined to trust the opinion of one of the many independent vloggers on YouTube who are not beholden to the manufacturers.

The launch was in Scotland . It pissed down ….

Didn't know that, normally they go to Spain, South Africa or anywhere warm. Suzuki must be tightening the budget strings.

Very true, but the Yamaha Tracer 9 was launched in Mid Wales during a few, very wet and windy days too.

Scotland good, the real World for a change & some great roads. They were based at some castellated Hotel near Fort Bill; I don't think it was as grand as the Inverlochy Castle though?

Just imagine the covid hassle, organising an overseas launch right now - a right PITA. I reckon Suzuki made the right call.

My local dealer emailed me today - offering a test ride tomorrow so have one a demonstrator in stock.

Due to other commitments and it is bloody cold, waiting until temp reaches at least 12c

Chopsie likes it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ok4Nh7V1PNM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I tried to get a test ride. Seems Suzuki have a couple of bikes rotating around dealers. My local dealer (Frasers in Gloucester) has it for a couple of days midweek this month, then it goes to Mid Wales for a few days.

I think I will wait until the initial interest has waned and dealers actually register their own demo bikes. I am in no hurry to change one or both bikes.

Might be for some but not me.
Has anyone ridden one yet?

It appears not so far ? ........

I tried to get a test ride. Seems Suzuki have a couple of bikes rotating around dealers. My local dealer (Frasers in Gloucester) has it for a couple of days midweek this month, then it goes to Mid Wales for a few days.

I think I will wait until the initial interest has waned and dealers actually register their own demo bikes. I am in no hurry to change one or both bikes.

I went on Suzuki GB website and it stated the nearest dealer with a demo was 9985 miles away :rolleyes: Anyhow I've tracked their SE demo bike down, it is at a dealers in Brighton next week until Thursday and then moves to Greenwich until close of play on Saturday. I wil head to Greenwich to test it from there.

I have read the reports and saw it at the Excel show and am still quite interested. The long term report seems to show a high 40's average MPG giving appx 145 range to fuel light, which is fine for me. It is very close to the Kawasaki in specs, and much of it will come down to personal preferences on things such as brand, looks and availability, overall deal etc. It appears the Suzuki has exceeded anticipated demand, hence why they have pulled back on letting dealers register their own demo bikes, due to as much stock as they can is being used to fulfil orders presently.

Looking forward to the test though.

I was chatting to a friend of mine today who's a Suzuki dealer. He's already taken deposits on 10 GTs.

He took delivery of a load of these one day last week just as I was arriving to book the Burger in for a service. I thought they looked lovely.

Edit: They were all already sold

Had my test ride today, I’m going to have to get one!

Attachments

• C09419F6-E1DA-4818-B530-32D24CE4D777.jpg
    C09419F6-E1DA-4818-B530-32D24CE4D777.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 172

Back
Top Bottom