2021 Suzuki GSX-S 1000

Fabulous, thorough review !! :)
Try one yourself Martin, your viewpoint may well be different, at 6' I was slightly cramped with leg room, but it was great to find the ground readily available (I cannot get both feet flat on the floor with the GS) You are taller than me, so may be unacceptable for you. Okay, so it felt like a toy compared to the GS (not difficult) Its very quick, gearbox is a dream compared to the BMW, clutch only required from 1st gear otherwise quick shifter, which is a smooth as butter. Testers have complained about wooden brakes, but seemed good to me, did some hard braking to see what the issue was but no complains from me, this one had over 5k on the clock, so I assume it was probably one of the first press bikes.

Try one yourself Martin, your viewpoint may well be different, at 6' I was slightly cramped with leg room, but it was great to find the ground readily available (I cannot get both feet flat on the floor with the GS) You are taller than me, so may be unacceptable for you. Okay, so it felt like a toy compared to the GS (not difficult) Its very quick, gearbox is a dream compared to the BMW, clutch only required from 1st gear otherwise quick shifter, which is a smooth as butter. Testers have complained about wooden brakes, but seemed good to me, did some hard braking to see what the issue was but no complains from me, this one had over 5k on the clock, so I assume it was probably one of the first press bikes.

Where did you try it ? I’m on standby first two weeks of May so hanging round Oxford area .

Chris Ball M/C Norwich, they only got it in this afternoon, they have a Suzuki Open day coming up, think it is the 6th May, I'm away on the ferry to Santander Sunday, so couldn't wait and CB M/C were good enough to let me have first go. :)

Amazing that every man and his dog wants a test ride (none available), yet that annoying vlogger chappy gets one from Suzuki all to himself for a week. Plus he told me the square root of fuck all in his review that I didn't already consider myself.

The bike is a serious contender for my hard-earned (along with the Kawasaki 1000SX). I might retire my old GSA this year for a 4-cylinder sports-tourer.

For anybody that actually gets a test-ride, I'd like to know your honest evaluation of the bike.

I did it today, could not bear the rattle of the 900XR engine anymore !!
Jesus am I glad i did smoothest quickshifter ive ever used, smooth fast looks well screwed together lush paintwork. nice set of Road 6s on order together with a full motograffix stickers, alarm, tank ring, front spots, top box rack, yoshi can it should look and sound nice !!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1105.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1105.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 232
Oof. The vajazzling 🫣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL must admit i cant wait for the tyres to be delivered the OE are crap
did a 517 mile round trip Friday to Pipe-worx to have a system made for my son in laws NT1100 so glad I went on the 1250GS I don't think i would still be able to walk if I had taken this LOL

LOL must admit i cant wait for the tyres to be delivered the OE are crap
did a 517 mile round trip Friday to Pipe-worx to have a system made for my son in laws NT1100 so glad I went on the 1250GS I don't think i would still be able to walk if I had taken this LOL

are the OE tyres Dunlop D222? They fit these to the Tracer in the factory and they were okay at best. Seem to be some cheap, single compound things that are not available on the retail market.

They are Dunlop Roadsmart they were supposed to be developed for the GSXS 1000GT no idea who did the development but the guy needs locking up they are crap at best I am hoping the Road 6s transform the handling of the bike if not it will be another expensive mistake !!

Rob

They are Dunlop Roadsmart they were supposed to be developed for the GSXS 1000GT no idea who did the development but the guy needs locking up they are crap at best I am hoping the Road 6s transform the handling of the bike if not it will be another expensive mistake !!

Rob

I think the ones on my Tracer said Roadsmart but the tell tale was the D222 part as this is not a tyre sold on the open market. Just another element that allows the bike maker achieve a price point. BMW does similar by fitting Metzeler Z8 rather than newer sport touring tyre designs like Roadtec 01.

15! mate you need to look a bit harder LOL it says it 24 times on the wheels alone !!

Road 6s fitted last night and first ride on them this morning, it was damp, cold and they were brand new, and the difference is unbelievable the bike feels so much more neutral it does not try to fall into a corner after wrestling the bars to enter it, just so much more confidence inspiring, well happy with them

Id say £315 well spent

Rob

And here it is

31f4c339f5e26b98bd49e8fc413d6b79.jpg

Nice job, Adventure Boy. You’ve made it your own !

Back
Top Bottom