Nav 6 Tracking

Gazandwiz

Reaction score
I used to use a phone app called Glimpse to send my location to the Mrs. I thought I'd try the app on the nav 6 but can't get it to work.
I have the phone paired with it and I'm connected using Garmin Smartphone Link. When I try to set up a track me for x hours, I add the email address to send to the person I want to share with, set the time and when I press go , or whatever the icon is, I get an error message with the device id.
I have tried multiple times and the result is the same.
What am I doing wrong?
Everything else works fine including getting the weather and traffic via my phone.
Cheers
Gaz

Moved, as it’s all about linking a phone and some software called Glimpse, whatever that is. I guess it’s all part of the 21st century bikers’ ‘must have’ ‘experience’?

I found https://glympse.com/get-glympse-app/ but the spelling is different or something like that :augie

It is actually called Glympse and it is a tracking app. We use it in our Blood Bike group to track our duty riders whilst they are out on a job. Works really well and it is free. It also doesn't use loads of data. Not sure what the OP is trying to do, but it looks like there is some kind of tracking on the Nav VI that you can send to a third party so they can track you. Haven't seen this feature so can't really help. Ok did some digging, the OP is talking about track which is an option on the Smart Link app. But it has disappeared from my IOS app and apparently according to another forum, it doesn't work (this was last year). Garmin are still developing this feature but apparently it is not high on their list :)

Back
Top Bottom