The coolest retro ever made?

They did a Dyna Super Glide in 2006 in the same colour but without that hideous rear end in the above posts. Don't know why they discontinued the Dyna's, nice bikes. I use to own the Dyna Low Rider and can see me going back to one. I digress.

Attachments

• 753618942o.jpg
    753618942o.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 176
They did a Dyna Super Glide in 2006 in the same colour but without that hideous rear end in the above posts. Don't know why they discontinued the Dyna's, nice bikes. I use to own the Dyna Low Rider and can see me going back to one. I digress.

That's better.

That's a 35th Anniversary Superglide (FXD35) - Really nice and a world away from the 'Boat-Tail' original.

Part of their Icons Collection. They are going to pick Iconic bikes from their past and relaunch them. What about a modern version of this?
1bae01d9f652a39acfdb4f135fab8c4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd prefer this:

Attachments

• xlcr3.jpg
    xlcr3.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 191

Attachments

• 5F418F47-2F5C-420E-B6D0-9C68F222553D.jpeg
    5F418F47-2F5C-420E-B6D0-9C68F222553D.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 160
The XLCR was a window licking dream for me; but apparently a solid mounted sportster bored out to 1000cc wasn't a great idea :nenau

The closest I've ever come to buying a Harley was a Crossbones when they came out (got as far as working out a deal with my local HD dealer).

That was, however, during my Class A's period and now in the cold light of day fuck knows what came over me..........I understand they are worth quite a lot now though :nenau

Andres

The XLCR was a window licking dream for me; but apparently a solid mounted sportster bored out to 1000cc wasn't a great idea :nenau

Me too, I used to lick the windows at Wars commuting to my summer job, on my Fantic GT, every day. Somewhat out of my price range......

Andres

Worth more now then when new.......
The closest I've ever come to buying a Harley was a Crossbones when they came out (got as far as working out a deal with my local HD dealer).

That was, however, during my Class A's period and now in the cold light of day fuck knows what came over me..........I understand they are worth quite a lot now though :nenau

Andres

Worth more now then when new.......

I love those things...in my HD naievety (?) years ago, it was a toss up between one of those and a FatBoy. The FatBoy won purely because in those days it was better known and iconic even then. I wish I knew then what I know now. If ever there was a keeper:rolleyes:

I have even explored the idea of buying one in the 'States and importing it......I might still do that yet. :nenau

Harley have had numerous people asking them to start making it again, apparently it wasn't a huge seller in it's day (2008-2012) but times have changed and the old school bobber look is very fashionable at the moment. H-D's excuse re. bikes with a springer front end is always ABS compatibility.

Attachments

• Harley-Crossbones.jpg
    Harley-Crossbones.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 266
They are very hot in Germany / reckon most U.K. bikes ended up there..

I love those things...in my HD naievety (?) years ago, it was a toss up between one of those and a FatBoy. The FatBoy won purely because in those days it was better known and iconic even then. I wish I knew then what I know now. If ever there was a keeper:rolleyes:

I have even explored the idea of buying one in the 'States and importing it......I might still do that yet. :nenau

Harley have had numerous people asking them to start making it again, apparently it wasn't a huge seller in it's day (2008-2012) but times have changed and the old school bobber look is very fashionable at the moment. H-D's excuse re. bikes with a springer front end is always ABS compatibility.

That's nice.

They are aren't they? :thumb2

( I think I would have to do something about the witches hat/dunces cap air intake though;):D)

Don't mind none of it tbh.
I am thinking of One of these for me next I think. I did like it when I was looking around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210508-172854_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210508-172854_Samsung Internet.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 229
Don't mind none of it tbh.
I am thinking of One of these for me next I think. I did like it when I was looking around.

Same as you have now but without the wheelie bin bolted to the front end....I'd struggle to get past that. IMO, the Street Glide has the nicer looking fairing.:nenau
(if you like fairings check out the Indian Challenger)

Attachments

• Challenger Dark Horse.jpg
    Challenger Dark Horse.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 190

Back
Top Bottom