Problem!

Mullabrack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before but my nav 5 won’t respond to the thumb wheel on my new model S1000XR. Worked perfect on my old XR. Nav powers up no problem and touchscreen works fine but nothing from the thumb wheel. I’ve cleaned and sprayed the contacts but nothing!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated before a visit to my local dealer who informed me I need to download the BMW app to my phone for it to work!! Can’t figure that one out ..

Regards

I have the same set up, everything worked straight away. I think it will need a trip to the dealers.

It should work with the thumbwheel independently to the app. There have been a myriad of comms problems on bikes with the LCD flat panels, most of which are fixed by a software update.

You could phone a friend with a Nav 5 or 6 and see if the thumbwheel works with their satnav. Then try your Nav 5 on their bike, just to pinpoint the fault is on your new bike not the satnav. then suggest to the dealer they should reappraise their erroneous guess, or bullshit. You choose which approach to take.

The problem was me actually!
On start up there is a small icon which appears in the top left of the TFT screen which when pressing the menu button changes from tft to sat Nav depending on which one you want the thumb wheel to control. The thumb wheel can only control either or at the one time. Every days a school day as they say!

Back
Top Bottom