Euro 3 Akrapovic on a 1250

JerseyNeil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I saved my Euro 3 Akrapovic end can from my previous GS and fitted it on my 1250 GSA on Sunday.

I must say I'm pretty disappointed. I loved it on my 1200GS but it just sounds a bit cheap and 'raspy' on the 1250.

Is it just me or have others had the same experience?

Probably go back to OEM

Mine too , got the headers on as well , maybe your packing has worn , could be time for a re pack

Hmmm. It sounded fine a month ago when I took it off the GS1200. It must be me. Maybe I have gone soft and got too used to the creamy burble on the OEM tail pipe. It just sounds a bit wrong. Doesn't seem to match the big classy GSA TB.

May my problems never get any worse eh!

Hmmm. It sounded fine a month ago when I took it off the GS1200. It must be me. Maybe I have gone soft and got too used to the creamy burble on the OEM tail pipe. It just sounds a bit wrong. Doesn't seem to match the big classy GSA TB.

May my problems never get any worse eh!

I felt the same when i changed to a 1250, on the 1200 it used to pop and rasp really nicely on change down but on the 1250 it all seemed a bit bland... When i changed back to a 1200 it all came back (and no that's not the reason i changed back to a 1200)...

I saved my Euro 3 Akrapovic end can from my previous GS and fitted it on my 1250 GSA on Sunday.

I must say I'm pretty disappointed. I loved it on my 1200GS but it just sounds a bit cheap and 'raspy' on the 1250.

Is it just me or have others had the same experience?

Probably go back to OEM

let ecu adapt to Akra maybe 2 tanks fuel, and it will be better, bike is new so is adapting.

There must be something wrong with your ears as my Akra-3 pipe on my 1250 GS sounds better as in deeper than on my prior 1200GS...;) No complaints here ! I might get me a Unit garage pipe though which might be a little over the top if it sounds anything like the ones for the R Nine T...:D

I do wear hearing aids so thanks for pointing that out.............:blast

Sadly hearing aids can pick up different frequencies so maybe the engine on new 1250 is slighly different noise and maybe your hearing aid is picking this up, hope it gets better when bike settle down.

Sadly hearing aids can pick up different frequencies so maybe the engine on new 1250 is slighly different noise and maybe your hearing aid is picking this up, hope it gets better when bike settle down.

Thanks but I don't wear them when I'm riding my bike.......

I have come to the conclusion that the Akra sounds correct. I just don't like the sound. In my opinion it makes my very expensive bike sound cheap. Back to the OEM can for me.

Thanks but I don't wear them when I'm riding my bike.......

I have come to the conclusion that the Akra sounds correct. I just don't like the sound. In my opinion it makes my very expensive bike sound cheap. Back to the OEM can for me.

The beluga akra sounds very nice, I do not like first but now I see more it look ok.

Back
Top Bottom