Soft roading and loss(?) of one of our longest lanes (roads)

Is that near West Witton JB? If so my favourite fell race is nearby...and...at last its 'on' :D there's one bit of lane there I don't think I've ridden (only run :confused:)

Should look at getting Serow sorted and go out for a play...mind GSPD is sat there too, that'll be kiss of death to the weather :D

Once more (moor?) unto the lanes - a spin out to collect my Hogg Lite Boots from Altberg....some 15 months delayed by COVID sadly. Bit of a saga, but credit to them for running the business in a COVID safe manner, look forward to getting them worn in and years of faithful service.

Having finally got new boots headed round a bit of dales before heading for home to try and cheat incoming forecast but decided to sidetrack onto Grewelthorpe Moor for a 'quick' lane

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 125
A mass of Lapwings (chewits) and Curlews around this year, more than seen for years. Spotted a chick running across lane - ground nesting birds with no nest really so parents on 'watching brief'

Note on parent Wall behind.

Sound of the moors at this time of year and beautiful to see, just be cautious were you stand or ride (then there's the adders too :eek:)

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 123
Onto the moor, and obvious road as council has kindly erected gate signs on the moor side, wise investment :nenau maybe a few blind off-roaders hereabouts :augie

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 116
As is the way with the big shooting estates the roads are often re-stoned which can make things tricky on what is really a fairly large ponderous off road machine :D especially two-up :eek:

Bev dismounts on tricky sections, voluntarily rather than 'thrown' :thumb

However...some times it just gets a bit too tricky.

Not a great rider when it comes to sand, or loose stones. Stick knobbly loose stones on sandy base and a sweat ensues.

If doesn't always go well :augie

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 117
No damage of any consequence fortunately, scratches on pannier and hand guard.

If we hadn't been in COVID rimes we'd be off doing something more taxing so would expect the odd 'down' so no point getting too upset...it's what it was bought for, but not happy about it none the less. Decided maybe return rather than continue the several miles left on this trail - could be better, could be worse. The Wee is a great bike but, like all, has it's limit...the limit in this case (as ever) me :augie could claim the lack of 21" front or TKC 70s...but it me :rolleyes:

Turned round a returned carefully :D

Naturally the track looks easy peasy in the pictuers.

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 122
Got back just as rain started, got changed and off to a traditional damp BBQ for the evening.

Lovely day again :thumb

Serow would have got straight through here with no mincing, but PD would struggle near as much I guess...rider the limitation :comfort

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 127

Back
Top Bottom