Pannier Frames for CB500X

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
A friend of mine has just got a CB500X and loves it.

She is going to kit it out for a big trip to Australia in the next couple of years and is looking for some good pannier frames.

She ideally wants Mosko luggage but has been told that because exhaust is in a strange position, the luggage will sit too high on the bike.

Any ideas on this and has anyone fitted any frames?

She is going to kit it out for a big trip to Australia in the next couple of years and is looking for some good pannier frames.

She ideally wants Mosko luggage but has been told that because exhaust is in a strange position, the luggage will sit too high on the bike.

Chris , The exhaust sits bit high but is angled up greatly too , the Givi / Kappa luggage pannier rack kits include an exhaust extension to deflect the hot exhaust gases away from the panniers. They are designed to take hard panniers but could be used to mount throwovers too. What year is her bike?

The Rally-Raid pannier racks look good. We’ve got them on our Tenere 700 and G310GS, although not used them as yet, and they seem very versatile as to what soft luggage they’ll take.
Obviously RR have loads of other bling for the 500 too.....kerching!

Here's a pic of my Givi rack and my el cheapo Akra, curtesy of some Chinese bods.

50305163538_f6c6df68f9_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom