1992 R100R

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Collected this one previous owner R100R from Mikeyboy today.

It has a very nice patina (a few scratches) and I found a place to put one of his stickers :D

Enjoyed the ride home and it runs very smooth, like clockwork :thumby:

Looking forward to putting many miles on it, just need to remember it has much better brakes than my G/S :blast

I have learned the knack of using the side stand as it is lower than a GS but will be on the lookout for a Migsel.

I welcome advice on any improvements for these bikes. I will be keeping it mostly standard and not cutting it up to create a "special".

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 20.47.39.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 20.47.39.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 482
  • Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 20.45.59.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 20.45.59.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 471
  • Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 22.11.08.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 22.11.08.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 484
Great 'bikes .... had mine twin plugged, WP rear suspension, Maxton conversion to the front forks.

One of the few bikes I wish I had kept :thumb

i-2zFd7g4-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Thanks Micky

I will look into those mods :beerjug:

Looks great, like the colour, enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could I ask what make the screen is please

Hi, the screen is a Secdem (made in France).

The screen is in need of replacement because of some scratches but finding a UK supplier may be a challenge. I will email them directly.

Looks great, like the colour, enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Martin.

It is not to your concours standard but it will tidy up nicely.

I bought my R100R on the spare of the moment , an impulse buy.It was a bit tatty but it only cost me £1500 (5 years ago) . When i got it home i started to give it a bit of a clean up and noticed a plug lead going to the underside of each barrel , it was twin plugged, the seller had not said anything about it and i had not noticed. The engine was a bit "rattley" so i decided to strip it down and have a look to my surprise it was fitted with "Venolia " racing pistons from America , no wonder it went like shit off a shovel.Anyway i got fed up with the rattling so decided to fit the Siebenrock upgrade kit. I decided to have the clutch assembly dynamically balanced as i at the time i had had this done on another R100 and it made a tremendous differance to its smoothness. 3 k miles later with the Siebenrock pistons and barrels run in it runs really smoothly and pulls well even from low rpm. I think its one of the best airheads BMW made.

Attachments

• R100R.jpg
    R100R.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 382
I bought my R100R on the spare of the moment , an impulse buy.It was a bit tatty but it only cost me £1500 (5 years ago) . When i got it home i started to give it a bit of a clean up and noticed a plug lead going to the underside of each barrel , it was twin plugged, the seller had not said anything about it and i had not noticed. The engine was a bit "rattley" so i decided to strip it down and have a look to my surprise it was fitted with "Venolia " racing pistons from America , no wonder it went like shit off a shovel.Anyway i got fed up with the rattling so decided to fit the Siebenrock upgrade kit. I decided to have the clutch assembly dynamically balanced as i at the time i had had this done on another R100 and it made a tremendous differance to its smoothness. 3 k miles later with the Siebenrock pistons and barrels run in it runs really smoothly and pulls well even from low rpm. I think its one of the best airheads BMW made.

Hi Steve, yours looks immaculate. :thumby:

What side stand is fitted to yours? Does it touch the silencer?

Not sure of the sidestand make , ill have a look. No it doesnt touch the exhaust. Did you notice the little handle sticking out , just behind the side panel ? Makes it a lot easier to put onto centre stand .Its been added sometime but its orqard when pannier is fitted. Im thinking of putting a small screen on , not very keen on the original one.

No Steve I shad not spotted the handle. Your design?

I find the balance of the centre stand so much better than on my G/S. Repairs to the stand have made an improvement but still not as easy as the R.

I have a Miguel stand on the G/S I can test on the R100r. I am concerned that it will hit the low standard silencer but I will know the answer in a few days.

No Steve I shad not spotted the handle. Your design?

I find the balance of the centre stand so much better than on my G/S. Repairs to the stand have made an improvement but still not as easy as the R.

I have a Miguel stand on the G/S I can test on the R100r. I am concerned that it will hit the low standard silencer but I will know the answer in a few days.

The handle was on there when i got it , been welded on .

22Imq1j.jpg

Congrats on your R100R
I have a clean ‘95 Classic.
Thus far I’ve added fork gaiters (15 pleats) from Motobins, and a taller dual GS seat (from Motorworks)

Nice and tidy.

But you will be in trouble, you are not displaying a tax disc.......No excuse, the holder is fitted :D:D

22Imq1j.jpg

Congrats on your R100R
I have a clean ‘95 Classic.
Thus far I’ve added fork gaiters (15 pleats) from Motobins, and a taller dual GS seat (from Motorworks)

Wow your Classic is very clean.

Gaiters are on my list.

I already have a GS seat that needs recovering and will add some padding to improve comfort.

I find the standard seat to foot peg distance too short.

Wow your Classic is very clean.

Gaiters are on my list.

I already have a GS seat that needs recovering and will add some padding to improve comfort.

I find the standard seat to foot peg distance too short.

Thanks. I’m certainly pleased with the gaiters.
I’d like lower pegs too. I wonder if these would work ?

https://www.migsel.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=27&review=read

I prefer footpeg rubbers though, rather than a serrated surface
The previous owner has fitted stainless braided hoses to the front brake system. Seems a sensible upgrade
I’d also prefer slightly lower bars, but will stick with it as it is, rather than go down that rabbit hole

Another idea I’ve had is to fit twin air horns

Back
Top Bottom