BMW R18

Exhaust - hideous

In fact the whole thing is a monster..

BMW R 18 B and BMW R 18 Transcontinental

Almost 400Kg of Bavarian sausage...fuck...They can't shift the metal. 0% finance at the moment. I recon you could get a massive discount on this bike.

£22500 for the B with reverse and hill start :augie

I wonder how many of our American friends will expose their tassels and chaps to them. I would think not many its a culture thing. Regarding the HD Pan is it for the euro market? I would think it will suffer the same fate across the water.

Personally I think the new Honda Goldwing is the bike to have if you are looking for a large tourer in this weight bracket…

As a recent new owner of one of these, I would agree. Yes they are big and heavy, but the weight, being a 6cyl 'boxer' engine, and with the fuel tank under seat, is very low. The balance on them is amazing, and the reverse gear is a boon for reversing into the garage.:thumb

The R18, is one of those bikes that generally received a great reception from the motorcycle press, but this hasn't translated to sales.

Year after the r9t came out every motorcycle dealer seemed to have one or two very low mileage examples in stock, same as the ducati scrambler a year or so before and various Triumphs .
Loads buy into the hype of a niche market model buy them ( more often than not without a test ride ) and then the realisation of ownership kicks in after the first couple of months and they are part exed for something more suitable.
Or in the case of some they buy the next niche model that the press have raved about.

The was a Harley v R18 head to head in one of the bike mag recently and in several ways the R18 was dynamically slightly inferior but the most surprising thing was the testers felt that BMW had ‘engineered’ in a more lumpy & soulful, nicer character and Harley had smoothed out their bike too much .

I’d much prefer a K16 bagger of the GW bagger so I didn’t pay much attention

Anyone actually seen a 1400cc Guzzi California on the road.

Anyone actually seen a 1400cc Guzzi California on the road.

Yes: In Lossimouth and he had a sheepskin on the saddle and I actually said to my current wife, "I believe thats the first time i've ever seen one of those on the road" it was about 4 weeks ago.

I’ve sat on the bagger variant and the weight is staggering. The bike leans over too far on the side stand which, when down, is hidden by the lhs cylinder.

Lowering that weight onto its side stand wondering if it was fully down and if the stand foot was on sound ground is more than my nerves or hernia could stand.

Small panniers and possible issues with foot pegs digging in rule it out.

The only one I have seen in the flesh was at my local HD dealer who had taken it as a trade for a Pan America and then moved to on to Sweden.

Had a seat on one a few weeks ago in motorrad dalkeith wasn't too heavy weight wise and no doubt that would disappear on the move but did find my boots hit under the cylinders once or twice ..seems ok but think you'd get bored with it as it looks bland ..cylinders are massive tho..😲

Still trying to polish a turd, it seems.

133f2d50f3005ee0dc718f498ef96303.jpg
670e5178689eec15e576f28de0ee58e6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom