Arai Tour X-4 Pinlock adjustment

Victor c

Reaction score
Evening all

Can anyone confirm the correct way of adjusting the Pinlock in a late Arai Tour X-4? All the guides I can find, say to remove the Pinlock insert, pins, turn them and then refit the insert.
However, no matter which way I try, I can loosen the pins, but they will not pass through the holes. They also do not appear to have the normal arrow on the outside edge, signifying the loose side of the cam.

TIA
Mark

You should be able to pop the cams out from the inside of the visor this will help loosen the tension when you refit them on mt x4 the cam adjustment is on the inside of the visor

Thanks, all sorted now. You are right, they do adjust from the inside, not at all like the standard Pinlock cam pins. Had to get a back lit magnifier to see them properly though :blast
The little critters still won’t come out through the holes though, so decided to quit whilst ahead, before they break.

The only way I removed the cam studs was by using a large flat blade screwdriver wrapped in tape so not to scratch the visor a hefty shove was required as they are tight

For anyone interested, the Pinlock pins in Arai Tour X 4 are a two part design. The centre of the pin is pushed out from the outside of the visor. Not found a supplier of replacement ones though, so treating them like unicorn dung.

Since my Tour X4 visor has developed several cracks - three around one of the Pinlock pins and one at the visor mounting hole - I decided to remove the pins to keep as spares. As noted above, I can confirm that they are *^&*ing difficult to remove and are a two-part design, neither part of which will go through the hole. I also noted that, as delivered, the pins were in the maximum tension position. Waiting for my new visor to arrive - Parcelforce tracking say that it has been in the local depot for two days now and is being "prepared for delivery" whatever the F that means....

Back
Top Bottom