Waiting for parts

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else find that you are waiting a long time for stuff lately.
Still waiting for stuff i ordered a few weeks ago and wanted some heated grips and wait time was possibly August.

Anyone else find that you are waiting a long time for stuff lately.
Still waiting for stuff i ordered a few weeks ago and wanted some heated grips and wait time was possibly August.

Yup, cancelled an order with Jersey HD only an hour ago, quoted mid June for some electrical stuff. Forced me to delve a bit deeper into the dark denizens of HD elecktrickery and sourced elsewhere from stock at half the price.:thumb

What you waiting for? (asking for a friend........);)

Well, Back rest pad, Analogue clock, Air filter sock, Oil cooler cover,
Sat nav connector.:D
I cant help it but makes me happy.

Well, Back rest pad, Analogue clock, Air filter sock, Oil cooler cover,
Sat nav connector.:D
I cant help it but makes me happy.

I'm waiting for an analogue multi clock too, I don't suppose it'll be an easy swap, mine having a separate speedo on the forks.:blast

I'm waiting for an analogue multi clock too, I don't suppose it'll be an easy swap, mine having a separate speedo on the forks.:blast

I was told a few days delivery on that over a week ago.

It’s not just that....the electrics on a police bike are a wee bit more challenging to mess with...have you seen the loom?

Attachments

• B77EFD07-1EDA-4702-B49C-7B7E2D0A2671.jpeg
    B77EFD07-1EDA-4702-B49C-7B7E2D0A2671.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 238
It’s not just that....the electrics on a police bike are a wee bit more challenging to mess with...have you seen the loom?

:yikes I wouldn't know where to start. Or finish.

Yes, It's in a similar state of undress at the moment. :thumb2

The standard RK's are similar though, there's only about 6 extra wires because it's a police bike. I found an unused deutch plug up by the headstock and another one near the battery compartment. Turns out the front one is for the siren/pa and the rear for the emergency lights on the pole!

No change, I ordered my screen in Dec 2019 and it turned up 5 months later.

Harley accessories supply is dog shit. Not sure parts are much better, it took a month to get a new jiffy stand rubber.

I think a lot depends on what you have ordered.

My heated grips, oil cooler cover, wing bars, screen, footboards and controls all arrived within a few days.

I’m still waiting for the rear crash bar (on back order!) and having the same problem as everyone else with Jersey H-D’s supply of the clocks.

The reason I was given was that H-D have decided to get involved in managing customs clearance of stock into and out of the Belgium warehouse, and they have fecked it up so it’s causing chaos. No idea how true that is though.

Parts and accessories seem to be are in short supply generally.
My Road King Police has been at the Dealer for over a month waiting for new front brake discs to arrive from the USA

I think a lot depends on what you have ordered.

My heated grips, oil cooler cover, wing bars, screen, footboards and controls all arrived within a few days.

I’m still waiting for the rear crash bar (on back order!) and having the same problem as everyone else with Jersey H-D’s supply of the clocks.

The reason I was given was that H-D have decided to get involved in managing customs clearance of stock into and out of the Belgium warehouse, and they have fecked it up so it’s causing chaos. No idea how true that is though.

They’ve always got an excuse, for me they said it was a change in the worldwide logistics software.

Harley are the child who’s dog ate their homework every week :D

Received two Farkles today.

Back
Top Bottom