Reaction score
......or how to feel stupid. :blast

Attachments

• IMG_4574.jpg
    IMG_4574.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 351
Goes faster when the butterfly opens fully lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Precisely! Well spotted, John. Restricted to 25 kW. Originally a Northern Irish bike so it was obviously restricted to comply with their legislation that if you passed a Practical before 2013, you had to spend two years on a bike restricted to that.

Here it is, sporting its nice, new Akrapovič clone header pipe, supplied by John Nicholson. :thumb

Onwards and upwards - I might even get it to loft the front wheel now..... :rob

Attachments

• IMG_4579.jpg
    IMG_4579.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 288
Mines definitely running unrestricted :)

I had my first “foreign” trip in 15 months , a cross border trip to Hawick and Gretna Green on the XCountry

eeeafc1144180a951723ac559d8367c5.jpg

ec6f2400c34e4a14578c4959a4f76fd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines definitely running unrestricted :)

I had my first “foreign” trip in 15 months , a cross border trip to Hawick and Gretna Green on the XCountry

I grew up 20 miles doon the road frae Hawick. If you'd kept coming another 100 miles North, we could have strapped that engine onto your rack....:D

Good one Mike .... I hope you're happy with it now :D

:beerjug:

Good one Mike .... I hope you're happy with it now :D

Thanks Mick. I'll let you know once I get a chance to ride it. My son twiddled the spanners on it and he's the only one who's ridden it since it was derestricted.

He pronounced it good fun and he used to have a K1200S and an LC amongst other things, so it mustn't be painfully slow now.

I did have to laugh Mike, sorry ;)

Great result though. What are you going to do with the tuned lump you bought?

Andres

What are you going to do with the tuned lump you bought?

You're forgiven, my son...:rob As for the Dakar Rally engine..... I'm glad you asked me that. :blush

I have had some initial discussions with a certain gentleman of this parish who has intimated a potential desire to become its owner. However, nothing is concrete as yet.

On the other hand, I might just buy a cheap F650 GS and bung it in that. :augie

Onwards and upwards - I might even get it to loft the front wheel now..... :rob

Or perhaps not. Today was the first time I had a good run on it with my son riding my GS. I reckon the only way to loft the front wheel would be to pop the clutch.

The bike certainly goes better than it did but I still think it needs another 20 bhp and a better front brake. I've got an engine with another 20 bhp that might be persuaded to fit and a spare Brembo Goldline 4 pot caliper....

In reality, I suspect that I might be posting a For Sale ad for the ex Boorman Dakar Rally engine soon....:nenau

Why do you have to 'loft' the front wheel Mike?

Is that the making of a good 'bike :blast

If it's not fast enough for you just buy a faster 'bike :D

Why do you have to 'loft' the front wheel Mike?

Is that the making of a good 'bike :blast

If it's not fast enough for you just buy a faster 'bike :D

I've got no desire to wheelie the bike or really any other these days, Mick. It was just an arbitrary measure of performance. I've got a much faster bike and I quite enjoyed riding the wee bike today. It just needs another 20 hp and sticky tyres and a better front brake. Other than that it's just about perfect...well apart from the vibes when I thrash it. :D

XCountry_RQ5M7211-01.jpg

I've got no desire to wheelie the bike or really any other these days, Mick. It was just an arbitrary measure of performance. I've got a much faster bike and I quite enjoyed riding the wee bike today. It just needs another 20 hp and sticky tyres and a better front brake. Other than that it's just about perfect...well apart from the vibes when I thrash it. :D

XCountry_RQ5M7211-01.jpg

If it needs 20hp more
Buy a KTM 690
Job done

If it needs 20hp more
Buy a KTM 690
Job done

I've been thinking about a 790 for some time, Johnny. However, I've been slightly deterred recently by the 1290 GT that appears to have unceremoniously dumped a friend of mine on his head.

If it needs 20hp more
Buy a KTM 690
Job done

I do admire a good wheelie. I do not have the skill or bottle:D

There are some teenagers on MTB by me who on occasion pop a wheelie past my house for good 150 yards. It always makes me smile, no fear and lots of confidence.

Back
Top Bottom