Returning to the fold

Gazza1250

Reaction score
Well it’s been a while since I had a GS but last week I decided life’s for living so I have ordered a 1250GS TE Rallye pick it up next Saturday from Alan Jeffrey’s, I’m not sure what luggage to buy they have offered me full vario at a good price but I’m thinking an Ali top box Givi or other brands and maybe soft panniers or Ali panniers,I do ride two up any suggestions would be welcome .

I use a Givi Trekker 52 top box as it will hold 2 full face lids and I do a lot of 2 up, had the same on a few bikes now

I use Touratech panniers which are excellent boxes but the locks and quick release system are a bit shite so I might choose something else if I was buying now

The varios have the advantage of being adjustable for width (panniers) and height ( topbox). The also don't require any scaffolding strapped to the bike to mount them and also attach and detatch in seconds. Downside is that the panniers are side rather than top loading but you can overcome that to some extent by either getting liner bags or if you're staying in a hotel etc just take them in with you. Also the exhaust takes up some of the volume of the RH pannier. I've no experience with the Ali top loading ones :beerjug:

Thanks I’m still undecided Ali boxes or vario or even Givi trekkers the plastic ones

Back
Top Bottom