Iphone 7 query

Kaybe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok this is a bit different.
My phone links to TFT and helmet and all works.
But as a standalone phone it can take and send calls, but nothing is heard by me or caller.
The speaker works as it makes ringing sounds and can play music, but no voice memo.
Not come across this before.
Go on, what secret button do I need to switch to get my phone back? :blast

Meanwhile it is off to the local phone shop this morning and see what they can do.

I am an Apple person (iPhone 8, iPad mini and MacBook Pro) and the main frustration is that you get things like this happen from time to time.
I went through a period when if my son sent me a text my phone wouldn't make any noise. Similar for him if I sent him a text. No volume/mute settings made any difference. It only happened when I was at home.

Turned out that my phone was somehow 'linked' to my MacBook and iPad both which were both on mute. At home texts defaulted via my wifi system so 'rang' on the MacBook that was on mute. Once I 'delinked' them my phone started ringing for texts. Away from home the phone worked normally as it was away from the MacBook.

My son's problem started when he started using a old iPhone 6 as a 'receiver' to link his electric guitar to his guitar amp via bluetooth. If I sent him a text and the amp was live then the text would ring on the amp and not his phone.

I know this does not help with your problem but illustrates that Macs can have unforeseen complications.

I found my solution sorted in Settings>Phone>Calls on other devices. I turned this off for the MacBook and iPad and texts started ringing on my phone.

Keep trying different settings and you might get lucky.

tom

Tom
Thanks for taking time to offer some feedback.
Interesting line of attack there as the phone came from my son and might have some latent links.
Will go explore that avenue.
K

Tom
Thanks for taking time to offer some feedback.
Interesting line of attack there as the phone came from my son and might have some latent links.
Will go explore that avenue.
K

if I inherited a phone from my son I would bathe it in isopropanol and then do a factory reset before adding any of my own personalisation...

Back
Top Bottom