I am seriously considering

Back to the OP
I’ve not ridden the Yamaha,but they seem to be rated well by those that own one,
I think the big thing is what do you intend to use it for,?
The 701/690 is an all out dirt bike,
They are light,powerful,not very comfortable,very tall.
On the road,the suspension will feel choppy and harsh.
At speed the front will feel a bit flighty.
But then,when you turn off the road and hit the trails ,it all comes together and makes complete sense.
Also,they can be a bit of a hooligans bike,
They will wheelie with ease in the lower gears,over exuberance wiill have the rear tyre spinning up out of slow corners.
Personally I love my bikes this way but wouldn’t choose to ride one to Scotland:p
But a few hours over to Wales or wherever is fine

:chickendance:chickendance:chickendance:manny:arselick::arselick::Outtomunch:smokeboun:hack:soapbox::inlove:banana:banana:banana

Attachments

• 29BF2E1C-BD04-4A09-AEB6-10417CB47285.jpg
    29BF2E1C-BD04-4A09-AEB6-10417CB47285.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 290
Try one, would be my suggestion
Take it out for a half day
They are a good backroads bike for all of the tight nadgery backroads of Lincolnshire & the Dales & Moors, plus will do most of the green lanes of the Dales & Moors too
Quality is better than other earlier Tenere
Only you will know
701/690 is another good option but won’t be as good on A1 & M1 that you have to use to get up to North Yorkshire from South Yorkshire

This is it in a nutshell.
I did 280 miles one day last week on mine including single track, moorland roads, steep rocky climbs, single trails, A roads , B roads. The T7 does it all.
The engine and fuelling are brilliant. Very torquey at low revs, it just chugs along on the rough stuff and is far better in this respect than, for example, the F800gs.
It's still a heavy lump if it falls over but it's really nimble so hopefully won't catch you out too much...
It doesn't need loads of revs to get down the road which might take a bit of alteration to your riding style if you're used to high revs and nailing it everywhere.
Seat is a bit hard which I found can be improved by fitting up and back risers. The change in seating position helped a lot in my case...worth a try before spending big money on aftermarket seats.

A T7 rally

I do like the look of them and think that it might just suit me for slower bimbles and some light off road

I keep reading all the stuff about the faults the weight the lack of power etc etc

So what do people think really

I love mine. I bought it for B road bimbles and the occasional easy gravel lane. Perfect for that, job done. Easy to modify to suit what you need. Test ride it first.

I test rode one and the throttle response was very grabby and awful in traffic. Everything else I liked but did look a bit cheap in parts.

Tighten up the slack in the throttle cable and it’s fine.

I test rode one and the throttle response was very grabby and awful in traffic. Everything else I liked but did look a bit cheap in parts.

Agreed on both counts.Looks ok from a distance and then you get up close and you can see why its cheap.

701/690 is another good option but won’t be as good on A1 & M1 that you have to use to get up to North Yorkshire from South Yorkshire

I'm interested to know why a few people compare the Austrian singles with the T7, well apart from the wind ups/piss taking on here.
They are very different bikes surely (well they are in my head). One is a road bike that can do off road and one is a dual sport/dirt bike that can do road work. But ultimatly they are right at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I had several bikes in the frame when I eventually plumped for a 701 and the T7 was not one of them.
Likewise, apart from one weirdo I know, I can't imagine those that buy a T7 would have been looking at a 690/701 at the same time :nenau

Anyway, back to the OP, Redboy have you had any further thoughts, what do you reckon?

Andres

I'm interested to know why a few people compare the Austrian singles with the T7, well apart from piss taking on here.
They are very different bikes surely (well they are in my head). One is a road bike that can do off road and one is a dual sport/dirt bike that can do road work. But ultimatly they are right at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I had several bikes in the frame when I eventually plumped for a 701 and the T7 was not one of them.
Likewise, apart from one weirdo I know, I can't imagine those that buy a T7 would have been looking at a 690/701 at the same time :nenau

Anyway, back to the OP, Redboy have you had any further thoughts, what do you reckon?

Andres

Possibly if they realise they bought the wrong bike ? Possibly not.
As you say, very different bikes.I also never considered the Tenere when I bought my 701 but I’d already ridden one and hated it.

I'm interested to know why a few people compare the Austrian singles with the T7, well apart from the wind ups/piss taking on here.

Andres

Gone off the idea TBH

pondering the possibility of a 690SMC or the 701 SMC. :D:D

Unusual

Mine is ok and maybe the dealers test bike needed setting up

Odd innit......if a dealer puts out a demo bike that's not at its very best. I'd have thought they'd want everyone testing any of their demos to come back and order one...on the strength of a great ride out.

Odd innit......if a dealer puts out a demo bike that's not at its very best. I'd have thought they'd want everyone testing any of their demos to come back and order one...on the strength of a great ride out.

You wouldn’t think a modern bike would need setting up and have slack taken out the throttle etc,with zero miles on the bike !

Following with interest, I've no idea what my next bike will be but these are definitely on my radar....... I love the motor in my friends Tracer 700, it's a real peach
I'm Hoping Honda will bring out a 700-850 twin ADVbike in the next year or two though tbh

You wouldn’t think a modern bike would need setting up and have slack taken out the throttle etc,with zero miles on the bike !

Yeah PDI prep isn't what it used to be that's for sure

Depends who set the free play at the French factory?
PDi should have captured it
My bikes pdi must have been done correctly, as was Tricky’s

French Factory you say

That really is it

I'm out

You didn't want one, anyway:D................the T700 is a bike that I would think would never suit you and your flare, not exclusive enough

Where else would you expect a Yamaha to be built?

No need to be anti French, I am pleased it's built in St Quentin (it be worse)

The Motobecane and Mobylette factory has a long and proud history of 2 wheeled production, since 1923

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/en/corporate/about-us/mbk/

KTM are using Chinese factories to build their sub 1000 cc bikes and Indian ones to build their sub 500 cc bikes

It's a global world

Where's your Ducati made?

Back
Top Bottom