Oh Pox,

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Typical,

I had a sound bomb split which i purchased but never fitted to the hexhead,

I sold it, as it appeared a right pain to find somewhere to fit the compressor, and get a feed to the horn unit

I then picked up a compact thinking it will fit in between the forks with the correct bracket.

Watched an install video this morning on it's "A bike thing" and he was saying that the compact will not work with lowered models as it will get belted if the front end goes

into full compression - ala if you go offroad .. FFS

So the question is, Has anyone fitted a compact to a lowered GS ? and does it get belted on full compression , or is it ok in non offroad conditions

Or do i put this one back up for sale and try and locate a split again ??

I have a split sound bomb on a 2012 GS, Mine is on lowered Wilbers.
I put the compressor just in front of the throttle cable junction box to the left of the ABS unit and the horn is mounted under the right hand side of the tank where the carbon canister would be on USA model. The horn sits just above the air intake snorkel opening.
When removing the tank I do have to pull the air hose off the horn and leave the horn mounted on the tank.
I know this does not help you as you now have a one piece unit.

mvwTdL4.jpg

Qn5VRfy.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a split sound bomb on a 2012 GS, Mine is on lowered Wilbers.
I put the compressor just in front of the throttle cable junction box to the left of the ABS unit and the horn is mounted under the right hand side of the tank where the carbon canister would be on USA model. The horn sits just above the air intake snorkel opening.
When removing the tank I do have to pull the air hose off the horn and leave the horn mounted on the tank.
I know this does not help you as you now have a one piece unit.

[/IMG]

I also have an LC, which is a pita removing panels etc ;)

Im, going to try and fit it, just to see how low it sits there is also the option of fitting it to the upper crash bar under the beak , which i may look at

if not ill bung it up for sale and look for a split

I forgot that you are on a LC, have you tried asking on the water cooled section.
Good luck with the mounting they don't look very big until you try to fit them. :)

I forgot that you are on a LC, have you tried asking on the water cooled section.
Good luck with the mounting they don't look very big until you try to fit them. :)

Yes, had i still had the hexhead, i'd have dropped it under the tank ... like the way you shoehorned it in :)

when i have some more freetime, i will see if i can get the beak off and go from there

Back
Top Bottom