TDM 900

I think that early ones (may have been the 850s) had carbs, and quite a commmon problem was rough running that was usually traced back to damaged diaphragms. Easy fix.
The problem with the 850s was the carb needles wearing. Not a cheap fix. Lots of info on the TDM forum.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I did an airbox mod on my 900 which improved the low speed jerkiness no end. Was a simple mod and cost nothing. Nice bike which could out accelerate my 1150R and was lighter on fuel.

I had both the 850 and 900.
The 850 was brilliant, let down by a clunky gearbox.
The 900 was brilliant, let down by an overly sensitive TPS
Naff for pillion (so I was told)

Bought this one , get it tomorrow, 17,500 fsh, 12 months test includes a spare pair of new Avon tyres, standard exhaust and bars. Couple of minor cosmetic issues but a nice usable running project

Attachments

• tdm.jpg
    tdm.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 365
Just rode it 100 miles home , good brakes, sounds nice and goes well but the handling after a few miles went 'off' , picked up a puncture so needed two stops on the way back to re-inflate it up but other than that it seems a really nice ride

Three grand, same as you would pay for a Chinese 125, there are cheaper ones out there but with treble the mileage

Wish I could find a mint early 850 in red. I did 25k on mine, UK, France, Belgium etc. It, a GS1000 and the VFR750 are the three bikes I should never have sold. :blast

Enjoy your 900...:beerjug:

One thing I do not like is the aftermarket heated grips (not Oxford by the way ), they are not as good as the crap ones on every BMW I have owned. Think the indicator lights on the grips switch may well be producing more heat than the grips themselves.

Wi.ll be fitting a set of Oxford grips along eith a fat bar conversion and some Touratech handguards I have in the garage but first things first it needs a good clean and polish and the new tyres fitted

Quick wash this morning as it was covered in wd40/acf50, other than some minor corrosion on the outer left engine casing it looks good . I will be getting the wheels powder coated ,put in new bearings and get the new tyres fitted in the next week or so and then it is ready to go

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 473
That looks a really nice, straight bike. Nice one :)

Are you still considering the white/speed block job (which looks really nice IMO)?

Andres

That looks a really nice, straight bike. Nice one :)

Are you still considering the white/speed block job (which looks really nice IMO)?

Andres

I was when I was looking at ones available that were either silver, metallic pinky mauve or the fetching metallic hearing aid beige colour .

This one I really like the colour and other than a minor scratch on the front mudguard the paintwork is in excellent condition

Well when I rode the bike back yesterday it sounded a bit fruity and Ducatiesque ,I was , however, wearing a Schuberth lid and ear plugs .

My wife who was following in the car said no it is just f$cking too loud and that is why there is an advisory on the MOT.

SP cans and link pipe are in the loft and the standard ones are in place, peace and harmony had been restored and i will not be attracting attention from every Police car within a half mile radius.

Now I need to find the set of Renthal Fatbars that seem to have gone missing in the garage

I was when I was looking at ones available that were either silver, metallic pinky mauve or the fetching metallic hearing aid beige colour .

This one I really like the colour and other than a minor scratch on the front mudguard the paintwork is in excellent condition

Don't blame you, it's a nice colour and works well on the bike IMO.

Andres

Well got the bike up on the paddock stand to take the wheels off to get the tyres changed, the part worn rear the previous owner had fitted by a local tyre emporium hid a dark secret.
The tyre fitting gibbon had put both rear pads on the outside surface of the disc so that the backing plate of the inner pad was working against the outside of the disc. F#CKING GOON..
Ordered a new disc and pads for a reasonable £66 and they should be here by the weekend.

Rubbed down the flaking paint on the rear rim and rattle canned it , then popped fown to Newcastle to get a new chain and sprocket set . Front and rear sprockets fitted and ready to go after the tyre is fitted and the other bits arrive.

Also ripped out the crap cheapo usb charging port and heated grips and put it back together with a set of used Magura fatbars

Attachments

• DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC_0148.jpg
    DSC_0148.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC_0150.jpg
    DSC_0150.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC_0151.jpg
    DSC_0151.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 439
New rear disc turned up this morning although no pads !!!!!!, well ar least it let me refit rhe rear wheel and rivet together the new chain.

Made some threaded inserts for the ends of the bars and altered the original bar end weights to fit , also sorted out fitting the Oxford heated grips and wiring plus a set of old Touratech handguards I had in the garage.

Just need to sort out tidying up the wiring for the grips ( will cable tie it up behind the right fairing panel).

If the pads I ordered do not turn up I will have to get a set tomorrow so it can go in for the tyres on Saturday

Attachments

• DSC_0166.jpg
    DSC_0166.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC_0165.jpg
    DSC_0165.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 407
New rear disc turned up this morning although no pads !!!!!!, well ar least it let me refit rhe rear wheel and rivet together the new chain.

Made some threaded inserts for the ends of the bars and altered the original bar end weights to fit , also sorted out fitting the Oxford heated grips and wiring plus a set of old Touratech handguards I had in the garage.

Just need to sort out tidying up the wiring for the grips ( will cable tie it up behind the right fairing panel).

If the pads I ordered do not turn up I will have to get a set tomorrow so it can go in for the tyres on Saturday

Is that a nice shiney gold plate DID i'am spying; :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom