Nav VI screen options

JerseyNeil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I see that on all BMW Motorrad marketing for the Nav VI they show the screen as below.

Try as I might I can not replicate this (info boxes on bottom left and right of map screen with a black background). Am I missing something here???

Attachments

• Nav VI.jpg
    Nav VI.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 412
I have the black boxes,

They have radius corners and not sharp though,

Also i dont have the speed limit in the Rh box

What is your firmware?

Brand new and just updated today.
I am beginning to suspect that the screen setup on this advert is impossible to obtain.....

Is there something in the settings to select dashboards or is that only on older units?

No still there, but the dashboard in question isnt ...

May be worth penning a mail and asking the question

Why dont you contact customer services, and ask them how they achived that shot,

if i's a simulated screen, there should be a disclaimer to say that

otherwise it's making false claims as to what it can do

tried mine too, cant be achieved.
latest updates etc all installed.
a bit naughty of BMW/Garmin

tried mine too, cant be achieved.
latest updates etc all installed.
a bit naughty of BMW/Garmin

Why dont you [the OP] contact customer services, and ask them how they achived that shot,

if i's a simulated screen, there should be a disclaimer to say that

otherwise it's making false claims as to what it can do

Why don’t YOU contact BMW on behalf of the OP, along with questioning, outraged and distressed Nav VI owners (and the entire bikermate community, far and wide) and follow it up with letters to the advertising standards agency, your MP and that nice lady at no. 32.

Why don’t you complain to BMW on behalf of outraged and distressed Nav VI owners (and the entire bikermate community, far and wide) and follow it up with letters to the advertising standards agency, your MP and that nice lady at no. 32.

FFS wappers get off your pedestal for once !

Its no different to software being advertised , which has the disclaimer "Not in game footage" for the very reason we are discussing here they got caught out, and had there knuckles rapped.

how about you write a letter to said parties on behalf of etc.

Now that would be a complete and utter surprise!

attachment.php

I had that same screen view data, running on my Navigator V yesterday. The only significant differences were:

A. The outline shape of the blocks was more rounded, where BMW’s are more angular and sharply defined.

B. The lower blocks were white, not black.

C. The road I was driving is blue, not black, likewise the next turn direction block was blue, not black.

24e9bb678fee531a9255cb56be41267f.jpg

I don’t remember selecting this view. I updated the software on my Nav V a day of so ago, which changed a number of default my preference settings. For example:

1. Route recalculation was automatic. I always have it set to prompted or off.

2. The speed camera warning was active. I have it turned off.

3. The traffic avoidance preference was active. I have it turned off.

4. That is not the screen view data view I normally display.

You can change the data displayed by going:

Home Screen > Settings > Map & Vehicle > Scroll down > Dashboards > Scroll across or back using the arrows > Pick the one you like > Alter what is in the block(s) by touching and holding. Speed is displayed by default, going red when you exceed the posted limit. This latter default item is useful for all the bods who struggle with kilometres per hour, as it’s foreign.

PS Did anyone ever write to BMW, their MP, the advertising standards agency or their mum, to express their outrage at BMW’s version shown in the opening post? I guess not.

PPS. I haven’t had a look at the view displayed on my Nav VI, as I can’t be arsed :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom